Go Back   Horizons Unlimited - The HUBB > Events > HU Travellers Meetings - Europe
HU Travellers Meetings - Europe Europe Travellers Meetings - organisation and planning, discussion, getting there etc.
Photo by Bettina Hoebenreich, At the foot of the Bear Glaciers, eternal ice, British Columbia, Canada

Adventure is what you make it

Photo by Bettina Hoebenreich, at the foot of the Bear Glaciers, British Columbia, Canada.



Reply
 
LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
  #16  
Old 2 Jun 2013
HU Meeting Organiser
HUBB regular
 
Join Date: Mar 2013
Posts: 29
Quote:
Originally Posted by Tuaregsr View Post
Hi, wich kind of tyre you need ? You need dirty track tyres or they are enough Michelin Anakee ?
if you ask about tires for riding to the camp ground anakee will be enough. It's some 5 km of really good gravel road so don't worrya bout tires. only if you wold like to ride some offroad then you can take some others. Mountain is full of those tracks.
Reply With Quote
  #17  
Old 3 Jun 2013
Registered Users
HUBB regular
 
Join Date: Nov 2009
Location: Espoo, Finland
Posts: 66
Have to see when I get closer. I'm passing by on my way from Finland to Turkey so might be able to stay for a day/night.
__________________
http://www.juvander.fi/ilpo
Reply With Quote
  #18  
Old 3 Jun 2013
HU Meeting Organiser
HUBB regular
 
Join Date: Mar 2013
Posts: 29
Quote:
Originally Posted by ilpo View Post
Have to see when I get closer. I'm passing by on my way from Finland to Turkey so might be able to stay for a day/night.
You are wellcome to stop by.
Maybe we can give you some ideas about things you should see in Montenegro.
Reply With Quote
  #19  
Old 4 Jun 2013
Registered Users
HUBB regular
 
Join Date: Nov 2009
Location: Espoo, Finland
Posts: 66
Quote:
Originally Posted by blazo.milic View Post
You are wellcome to stop by.
Maybe we can give you some ideas about things you should see in Montenegro.
That would be great!
__________________
http://www.juvander.fi/ilpo
Reply With Quote
  #20  
Old 5 Jun 2013
Registered Users
HUBB regular
 
Join Date: Dec 2011
Location: Munich
Posts: 77
Question

Quote:
Originally Posted by blazo.milic View Post
Maybe we can give you some ideas about things you should see in Montenegro.
Hi there, I'll most likely attend the meeting but will probably have to leave on 29th could you give me some ideas at front? I'll be comming from Romania, I want to do the transfagarsan first

Thanks,
Joe
Reply With Quote
  #21  
Old 5 Jun 2013
Toyark's Avatar
-
Veteran HUBBer
 
Join Date: Apr 2006
Posts: 2,344
Question

Blazo : question for you please
Is it still 50 Euros obligatory insurance at the border ?
Reply With Quote
  #22  
Old 6 Jun 2013
HU Meeting Organiser
HUBB regular
 
Join Date: Mar 2013
Posts: 29
Quote:
Originally Posted by LC8Joe View Post
Hi there, I'll most likely attend the meeting but will probably have to leave on 29th could you give me some ideas at front? I'll be comming from Romania, I want to do the transfagarsan first

Thanks,
Joe
Joe

can you send me some basic info what kind of roads you prefer
main roads, old village roads or gravel roads

what you prefer mountains full of lakes and rivers or beutiful sea coast with some old towns

from which direction you will enter montenegro
Reply With Quote
  #23  
Old 6 Jun 2013
HU Meeting Organiser
HUBB regular
 
Join Date: Mar 2013
Posts: 29
Quote:
Originally Posted by Bertrand View Post
Blazo : question for you please
Is it still 50 Euros obligatory insurance at the border ?
Do you meen insurance like green card or something else.
green card you can get at your auto-moto club where you geting anualy licence for motorcycle.
I can check tomorow at the border, i will call them.
Just tell me, your licence plates are from which country?
Reply With Quote
  #24  
Old 6 Jun 2013
Toyark's Avatar
-
Veteran HUBBer
 
Join Date: Apr 2006
Posts: 2,344
Quote:
Originally Posted by blazo.milic View Post
Do you meen insurance like green card or something else.
green card you can get at your auto-moto club where you geting anualy licence for motorcycle.
I can check tomorow at the border, i will call them.
Just tell me, your licence plates are from which country?
My insurance does not cover use in Montenegro. Last time I was charged 50 euros at the border.
UK plate on moto
Tks Blazo
Reply With Quote
  #25  
Old 7 Jun 2013
Registered Users
HUBB regular
 
Join Date: Dec 2011
Location: Munich
Posts: 77
Quote:
Originally Posted by blazo.milic View Post
Joe

can you send me some basic info what kind of roads you prefer
main roads, old village roads or gravel roads

what you prefer mountains full of lakes and rivers or beutiful sea coast with some old towns

from which direction you will enter montenegro
I'll enter montenegro from Serbia or Kosovo, comming from Romenia.

My road preference is in this order gravel roads, small roads and only use main if I'm in a hurry to get somewhere or there is no other option and avoid main atractions full of turists.

Cheers,
Joe
Reply With Quote
  #26  
Old 7 Jun 2013
HU Meeting Organiser
HUBB regular
 
Join Date: Mar 2013
Posts: 29
Quote:
Originally Posted by LC8Joe View Post
I'll enter montenegro from Serbia or Kosovo, comming from Romenia.

My road preference is in this order gravel roads, small roads and only use main if I'm in a hurry to get somewhere or there is no other option and avoid main atractions full of turists.

Cheers,
Joe
It would be better if you can enter Montenegro from Bosnia side.
there is one really nice road combined of gravel, old and little of main road.
And if you never been to Bosnia it's really nice country to see.

First part:
https://maps.google.com/maps?saddr=U...ra=mr&t=m&z=12

Second part
https://maps.google.com/maps?saddr=U...sz=13&t=m&z=10

All these roads are connected with gravel roads so dont worry.
If you pick them, I will send you precise info.

But if you still prefer to enter from Serbia or Kosovo, I need to check something and in few days will give you back answer.
Reply With Quote
  #27  
Old 7 Jun 2013
HU Meeting Organiser
HUBB regular
 
Join Date: Mar 2013
Posts: 29
Quote:
Originally Posted by Bertrand View Post
My insurance does not cover use in Montenegro. Last time I was charged 50 euros at the border.
UK plate on moto
Tks Blazo
Bertrand

I checked right now with main company in Montenegro for insurance (Lovcen osiguranje) and it seams that you need to pay border insurance ?!
I was realy suprised.
They told me that for 15 days is 15 euros, and for 30 days 28 euros.
You can take that insurance at the border, or you can buy it in the city.
Same price for cars and motorcycles.
Reply With Quote
  #28  
Old 7 Jun 2013
Registered Users
New on the HUBB
 
Join Date: Sep 2012
Location: Belgium
Posts: 8
Quote:
Originally Posted by blazo.milic View Post
It would be better if you can enter Montenegro from Bosnia side.
there is one really nice road combined of gravel, old and little of main road.
And if you never been to Bosnia it's really nice country to see.

First part:
https://maps.google.com/maps?saddr=U...ra=mr&t=m&z=12

Second part
https://maps.google.com/maps?saddr=U...sz=13&t=m&z=10

All these roads are connected with gravel roads so dont worry.
If you pick them, I will send you precise info.

But if you still prefer to enter from Serbia or Kosovo, I need to check something and in few days will give you back answer.
Seems like a nice road, is that an official border crossing?
I was thinking of trying to take the crossing near Avtovac, as far as I could see in Google Maps that would be gravel as well, but maybe not as nice.
Reply With Quote
  #29  
Old 7 Jun 2013
HU Meeting Organiser
HUBB regular
 
Join Date: Mar 2013
Posts: 29
Quote:
Originally Posted by LethPhaos View Post
Seems like a nice road, is that an official border crossing?
I was thinking of trying to take the crossing near Avtovac, as far as I could see in Google Maps that would be gravel as well, but maybe not as nice.
Yes, that's official border crossing.
But from border you have some 20 km of gravel road.
When you cross bosninan border you going to check on Montenegro border but then you need to go back some 50 meters and then enetering gavel road.

I don't know about this Avtovac crossing. Need to check it and then I will send you some info.
Reply With Quote
  #30  
Old 7 Jun 2013
HU Meeting Organiser
HUBB regular
 
Join Date: Mar 2013
Posts: 29
Quote:
Originally Posted by Bertrand View Post
My insurance does not cover use in Montenegro. Last time I was charged 50 euros at the border.
UK plate on moto
Tks Blazo
I just get SMS from Terry Brown who was in Montenegro last weekend. He also riding motorcycle with Englad licence plates and he said that he bought green card in England. And only on our and on tourkey border they ask for it.
Reply With Quote
Reply


Currently Active Users Viewing This Thread: 1 (0 Registered Users and/or Members and 1 guests)
 
Thread Tools
Display Modes

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off
Trackbacks are On
Pingbacks are On
Refbacks are On


Similar Threads
Thread Thread Starter Forum Replies Last Post
Canada Ontario 2013 HU Travellers Meeting, near Parry Sound, Sept 12-15 2013 Grant Johnson HU Travellers Meetings - North America 40 21 Dec 2013 02:00
Canada West 2013 HU Travellers Meeting, Nakusp, BC, August 22-25, 2013 Grant Johnson HU Travellers Meetings - North America 18 2 Oct 2013 07:55
HU Travellers Meeting Thailand 2013 Grant Johnson HU Travellers Meetings - Other parts of the World 20 29 May 2013 19:16
Izi Meeting 2013, Poland Sambor Motorcycle Events around the world 1 3 Feb 2013 06:08
Australia 2012 HU Travellers Meeting, Dayboro Qsld, June 8-10, 2012 open now! Grant Johnson HU Travellers Meetings - Australia 120 11 Jul 2012 00:54

 
 

Announcements

Thinking about traveling? Not sure about the whole thing? Watch the HU Achievable Dream Video Trailers and then get ALL the information you need to get inspired and learn how to travel anywhere in the world!

Have YOU ever wondered who has ridden around the world? We did too - and now here's the list of Circumnavigators!
Check it out now
, and add your information if we didn't find you.

Next HU Eventscalendar

HU Event and other updates on the HUBB Forum "Traveller's Advisories" thread.
ALL Dates subject to change.

2024:

Add yourself to the Updates List for each event!

Questions about an event? Ask here

HUBBUK: info

See all event details

 
World's most listened to Adventure Motorbike Show!
Check the RAW segments; Grant, your HU host is on every month!
Episodes below to listen to while you, err, pretend to do something or other...

2020 Edition of Chris Scott's Adventure Motorcycling Handbook.

2020 Edition of Chris Scott's Adventure Motorcycling Handbook.

"Ultimate global guide for red-blooded bikers planning overseas exploration. Covers choice & preparation of best bike, shipping overseas, baggage design, riding techniques, travel health, visas, documentation, safety and useful addresses." Recommended. (Grant)



Ripcord Rescue Travel Insurance.

Ripcord Rescue Travel Insurance™ combines into a single integrated program the best evacuation and rescue with the premier travel insurance coverages designed for adventurers.

Led by special operations veterans, Stanford Medicine affiliated physicians, paramedics and other travel experts, Ripcord is perfect for adventure seekers, climbers, skiers, sports enthusiasts, hunters, international travelers, humanitarian efforts, expeditions and more.

Ripcord travel protection is now available for ALL nationalities, and travel is covered on motorcycles of all sizes!


 

What others say about HU...

"This site is the BIBLE for international bike travelers." Greg, Australia

"Thank you! The web site, The travels, The insight, The inspiration, Everything, just thanks." Colin, UK

"My friend and I are planning a trip from Singapore to England... We found (the HU) site invaluable as an aid to planning and have based a lot of our purchases (bikes, riding gear, etc.) on what we have learned from this site." Phil, Australia

"I for one always had an adventurous spirit, but you and Susan lit the fire for my trip and I'll be forever grateful for what you two do to inspire others to just do it." Brent, USA

"Your website is a mecca of valuable information and the (video) series is informative, entertaining, and inspiring!" Jennifer, Canada

"Your worldwide organisation and events are the Go To places to for all serious touring and aspiring touring bikers." Trevor, South Africa

"This is the answer to all my questions." Haydn, Australia

"Keep going the excellent work you are doing for Horizons Unlimited - I love it!" Thomas, Germany

Lots more comments here!



Five books by Graham Field!

Diaries of a compulsive traveller
by Graham Field
Book, eBook, Audiobook

"A compelling, honest, inspiring and entertaining writing style with a built-in feel-good factor" Get them NOW from the authors' website and Amazon.com, Amazon.ca, Amazon.co.uk.



Back Road Map Books and Backroad GPS Maps for all of Canada - a must have!

New to Horizons Unlimited?

New to motorcycle travelling? New to the HU site? Confused? Too many options? It's really very simple - just 4 easy steps!

Horizons Unlimited was founded in 1997 by Grant and Susan Johnson following their journey around the world on a BMW R80G/S.

Susan and Grant Johnson Read more about Grant & Susan's story

Membership - help keep us going!

Horizons Unlimited is not a big multi-national company, just two people who love motorcycle travel and have grown what started as a hobby in 1997 into a full time job (usually 8-10 hours per day and 7 days a week) and a labour of love. To keep it going and a roof over our heads, we run events all over the world with the help of volunteers; we sell inspirational and informative DVDs; we have a few selected advertisers; and we make a small amount from memberships.

You don't have to be a Member to come to an HU meeting, access the website, or ask questions on the HUBB. What you get for your membership contribution is our sincere gratitude, good karma and knowing that you're helping to keep the motorcycle travel dream alive. Contributing Members and Gold Members do get additional features on the HUBB. Here's a list of all the Member benefits on the HUBB.




All times are GMT +1. The time now is 19:41.