Links of interest to travellers
We're happy to add new links here. You can add a link if you know of a company or organization which you can recommend, or your own site, here. If you're suggesting your own site, note that internet protocol suggests that you create a link to Horizons Unlimited first. (Info here)
We continually add addresses and contacts of interest with and without web pages. If you have had a bad experience with any of the companies or organizations which are listed here, please let us know so we can investigate and perhaps help resolve the problem, or even remove them from the list. The Internet continually evolves and sites disappear or change their structure, so please let us know if any of the links below do not work so we can fix them.
Note: We list these sites for your convenience. We do not endorse any of them. You are reminded to make appropriate enquiries and check references.
Why Go? Travellers Tales
- Travellers - Tales (external sites)
- MC Travellers Tales on HU: Blogs
- MC Travel Reports on the HUBB
- Books - Motorcycle Travel Tales - the big list!
- Four Wheels Travellers Tales (external sites)
- Four Wheels Travel Reports on the HUBB
- Books - Overland / 4wd / bicycle trips
- DVD - Achievable Dream: Get Ready!
- DVD - Road Heroes - Tales from those who've been there, and done it!
- DVD - Achievable Dream: Ladies on the Loose: The adventure travel DVD for and by women!
- Tour Operators - Africa
- Tour Operators - Argentina
- Tour Operators - Asia
- Tour Operators - Australia
- Tour Operators - Canada
- Tour Operators - Europe
- Tour Operators - Mexico
- Tour Operators - Middle East
- Tour Operators - New Zealand
- Tour Operators - North America
- Tour Operators - Peru
- Tour Operators - Turkey
- Tour Operators - USA
- Tour Operators - Worldwide
Paperwork, Travel Preparation
- Medical Insurance
- Books - Medical
- Motorcycle Insurance
- Books - Overland Travel Preparation
Sorting the bike, and all your gear
- Bike & Equipment
- Renting / Hiring bikes
- Cameras, and using them
- Camping equipment
- Travel Equipment
- Motorcycle Parts & Accessories
- Motorcycle Dealers
- Motorcycle (Model/Brand Specific) Links
- Riding Gear, (clothing etc)
- Riding Tips
- Books - Riding / driving skills
- Technical Tips
- Books - Vehicle Prep and Maintenance
- DVD - Achievable Dream: Gear Up!
- DVD - Achievable Dream: Tire Changing!
Where to stay and who to meet
- Accommodation hotels etc.
- Bike Friendly Accommodation (on the HUBB)
- Repair Shops on the road (on the HUBB)
- Parking the bike, and Gear storage, long term
- Helpful people help when you need it
- Motorcycle Clubs and Events
- Middle East
- North America
- South and Central America
- DVD - Achievable Dream: On the Road!
- Books - Travel Guides
- Miscellaneous - more interesting than you'd think!
- Magazines of interest
- Book stores etc
Are you an Overland Adventure Traveller?
Does the smell of spices wafting through the air make you think of Zanzibar, a cacophony of honking horns is Cairo, or a swirl of brilliantly patterned clothing Guatemala? Then this is the site for you!
Hosted by Grant and Susan Johnson, RTW 1987-1998
Next HU Events
- USA North Carolina: Sept. 4-7
- France Mini: Sep 5-7
- Canada Ontario: Sept. 11-14
- NEW! UK - Haggs Bank: Sept. 19-21
- USA California: Sept. 25-28
- Aus Queensland: Oct 3-6
- Aus Perth: Oct 10-12
- Aus VIC: Oct 24-26
- NEW! Aus NSW: Oct 31-Nov 2
- NEW! South Africa: Nov 13-16
- NEW! HUMM Morocco: May 13-16, 2015
"A fantastic, informative and inspirational DVD."
"It's brilliant - thank you very much!"