A few of the articles written about Horizons Unlimited and Grant and Susan Johnson.
British Dealer News, August 2014
Northern Ontario Travel, July 2014
- Horizons Unlimited Comes to Muskoka this September, by Liz Jansen
..."Celebrate the final weekend of summer with a fantastic ride to Muskoka and experience HU's Ontario Event. It may be the end of the season, but seeds germinate and take root over the winter. You never know where next season's riding adventures will take you."
- Achievable Dream DVD series Product Review: "There are Aliens among us" Jan 2014
- Interview with Grant and Susan Johnson, June 2014
ADVENTURE Rider, Issue#4, Australia
- HU 10th Anniversary traveller's meeting, by Mick Jorgensen
The Westerner (Australia), October 2013
- Adventurers rev up Dayboro, by Lee Oliver
TREVL Magazine, Portugal, August 2013
- Horizons Unlimited HUBB UK - "Um evento que deve fazer parte da "Lista de Coisas a Fazer" de qualquer viajante"
Australian Motorcyclist Magazine, August 2013
- Australia 2012 Meeting by Shane Kuhl answers the question - "Is there anything better to do than spend a long weekend with 130 of your best motorcycling mates..."
Australian Road Rider, July 2013
- The World is not Enough, by Justin Law, profiles Martin Williams, Paul and Jan Dwyer and Haydn and Dianne Durnell and the Australia 2013 HU meetings in Dayboro, Cavendish and Perth.
Road Bike Magazine (USA), Apr/May 2013
- The Wander Club - Backpackers on Wheels Unite, by Alfonse Palaima
Motorcycle USA, November 2012
- California 2012 Meeting
- Dr. Frazier: Global ADV Motorcyclists Gather, by Gregory Frazier
Australian Road Rider
- "Here's how to find out what it's really like to ride in faraway places" by Mark Hoskings
ADVMoto, January 2012
- Nicole Espinosa: Finding Inspiration HU Travelers Meeting 2011, Cambria CA
"...you have a Horizons Unlimited (HU) Travelers Meeting - the most inspirational adventure riding event ever created"
Motorcycle-USA, December 2011
- Dr. Frazier: Adventure Touring Candy Store
"With over 200 registered attendees, most arriving on adventure kitted motorcycles from as far away as Australia and the United Kingdom, the parking lot, campground and display area was a motorcycle adventure seeker's accessory and modification candy store. "
RiderMagazine.com, November 2011
- by Clement Salvadori: HU Travellers Meeting, California 2011
"...I was especially tickled when Horizons Unlimited (HU) called me up to say they were having a meeting in Cambria, 35 miles from my home."
Motorcycle USA.com, December 2010
- Dr. Frazier: Where Adventures Begin and End - Horizons Unlimited Travellers Meetings
Motorrad Abenteuer, Sept / Oct 2008
- Unbegrenzter Horizont, Horizons Unlimited Treffen in Deutschland by Erwin Thoma (link to come)
www.OverlandJournal.com, USA, August 2008, by Graham Jackson
- Horizons Unlimited Travelers Meeting: Colorado 2008 Travellers Meeting
MotorcycleUSA.com, USA, August 2008, by Greg Frazier
- Ride Unlimited Horizons: Colorado 2008 Travellers Meeting
Trailbike Adventure Magazine, Australia, June 2007
- HU are you. (550kb .pdf)
The Telegraph, UK, December 30 2006
RoadBike, USA, June 2006, by Greg Frazier
- Expand your Horizons Colorado 2005 Travellers Meeting
Rider Magazine, USA, October 2005 by Dan Hilton
Toronto Star, Canada, October 29 2005, by Mark Richardson
Edmonton Journal, Canada, October 21 2005, by Tim Yip
Edmonton Journal, Canada, October 22 2004, by Tim Yip
Motorcycle Voyager, UK
CANADIAN BIKER, Canada, March 1999 by John Campbell
- the drifting johnsons
"YOU'LL MEET THEM TIME AND AGAIN, the world travellers. They'll seem older yet somehow younger than yourself; a life intensely lived affects mortality and jumbles time out of sequence..."
The Vancouver Province, Vancouver, B.C., Canada, November 16, 1998, by Dana Gee
"For Grant and Susan Johnson, life has definitely been a highway. In fact, it's been 100,000 kilometres of highways, roads and trails..."
Tourenfahrer, Germany, March 2000 (In German only) by Andreas Huelsmann
- Reisetreffen: Fernweh inklusive
Article about Motorcycle Travellers Meetings and where to find information on travel by motorcycle. On the second page are a few paragraphs about our website.
Wenn jemand eine Reise plant, dann hat er viele Fragen, jedoch ist es nicht immer einfach, die Antworten darauf zu finden. Eine gute Quelle sind Fernreise-treffen, auf denen sich die Zunft der resienden Motorradfahrer zum Erfahrungsaustausch treffen kann
If someone plans a journey, then there are many questions to ask, however it is not always easy to find the responses to it. A good course is "Travel Meetings," at which travellers meet the guild of the travellers to exchange experience.
Are you an Overland Adventure Traveller?
Does the smell of spices wafting through the air make you think of Zanzibar, a cacophony of honking horns is Cairo, or a swirl of brilliantly patterned clothing Guatemala? Then this is the site for you!
Hosted by Grant and Susan Johnson, RTW 1987-1998
HUGE, 11.5 x 16.5 inches, beautifully printed in Germany on top quality stock! Photos are the winning images from over 600 entries in the 9th Annual HU Photo Contest!
"The calendar is magnificent!"
"I just wanted to say how much I'm loving the new, larger calendar!"
We share the profit with the winning photographers. YOU could be in the HU Calendar too - enter here!
Next HU Events
- Germany Autumn: Oct 23-26
- Aus VIC: Oct 24-26
- Aus NSW: Oct 31-Nov 2
- South Africa: Nov 13-16
- NEW! USA Virginia: Apr 9-12, 2015
- NEW! HUMM Morocco: May 13-16, 2015
- Canada West: Aug 20-23, 2015
- USA California: Sep 24-27, 2015
- Aus Queensland: Sep 24-27, 2015
- USA North Carolina: Oct 8-11, 2015
- Aus Perth: Oct 9-11, 2015
Take 40% off Road Heroes Part 1 until October 31 only!
Road Heroes features tales of adventure, joy and sheer terror by veteran travellers Peter and Kay Forwood (193 countries two-up on a Harley); Dr. Greg Frazier (5 times RTW); Tiffany Coates (RTW solo female); and Rene Cormier (University of Gravel Roads).
"Inspiring and hilarious!"
"I loved watching this DVD!"
"Lots of amazing stories and even more amazing photographs, it's great fun and very inspirational."
Check it out at the HU Store! Remember to use Coupon Code 'HEROES' on your order when you checkout.
10th Annual HU Travellers Photo Contest is on now! This is an opportunity for YOU to show us your best photos and win prizes!
All the best travel books and videos listed and often reviewed on HU's famous Books page. Check it out and get great travel books from all over the world.