- Hitting the road soon? You can request your own Horizons Unlimited blog / webpage (like those below) here and update it from a browser at any internet cafe in the world! OR you can Post it on the HUBB in the Ride Tales Forum!
- If you have a website or blog already, here's what to do so we'll link to it.
- On the road now, and just want to submit a story for the newsletter / Ezine? CURRENT stories ONLY please. (max 90 days old)
- Finished your trip and you'd like to write it up on the website, and want it really easy? Perhaps you're NOT a "computer guy" and a blog is just too hard? Or it's just a short trip? Weekend Ride? RTW Trip? Whatever it is, you can Post it on the HUBB in the Ride Tales Forum!
Travellers Tales on other sites:
Travellers Tales right here on HU:
- On the HUBB "Ride Tales" Forum Always NEW posts!
Blog Categories in this section:
- Around the world
- Europe to Australia
- Australia & New Zealand
- Europe & Asia
- The Americas
- Central & South America
- North America
- Misc Short Tales
- Fact or Fiction?
- Jill Maden, riding around Australia on a Postie Bike! NEW posts!
- Kevin and Kitty, around the world on a Honda Transalp, started 2013 NEW posts!
- Arturo Romero, Panama to South America solo, 2013 NEW
- Gail Baillargeon, retired from the US Navy 1 April 2013 and am now embarking on a life's ambition of traveling around the world on a motorcycle. No set destinations or time schedule, just want to see the world. NEW posts!
- John and Alanna Skillington, Europe to Australia, 2006 and still going... NEW posts in 2014!
Kevin and Kitty Voorwynckels, around the world on a Honda Transalp, started 2013 NEW
Bruce Porter and Mike Speechley - 1st May 2013; we have just 91 days to complete this RTW trip!
Jens Hawemann, around the world (in German, use the translate button for a great story)
Gail Baillargeon, retired from the US Navy 1 April 2013 and am now embarking on a life's ambition of traveling around the world on a motorcycle. No set destinations or time schedule, just want to see the world. NEW posts
John and Alanna Skillington, Europe to Australia, 2006 - 2007, and still going, now in the Americas... NEW posts!
Ant and Nikki Robinson, RTW 2011-2012
Tommy Foy, Intermittent RTW Dream
Ian Moor, Wrong way around the world, 2009 - 2013
Darius and Jane Skrzypiec, RTW 2008-2011
Claudia Sabel and Werner Steffens, RTW 2006-2013
Bob and Sheila Oldfield, UK, Late forties husband and wife team taking two gap years, 2010/11
Pat Thomson and Sheonagh Ravensdale, UK, two women around the world, 2010
David Newman, RTW, 2009+
Lynn and Joe Weatherby, RTW 2008-2015
Mike and Jo Hannan, RTW 07-08
Derek Fairless, ATW Adventure Travel
Richard Lindley, RTW 2006-2007
Hamish Oag and Emma Myatt, Asia, Australia and the Americas 2006-2007
Kevin Maher, across Canada, Alaska over to Siberia, down through Mongolia and on to Moscow
Erik Saue, Norway, around the world 2005-2007
Colin and Dee Masters, Wrinklies Wround the World 2006-2007
Craig Hutson, started his RTW travel September 2005.
David & Deb Welton, start to travel around the world July, 2005.
Cynthia Milton, UK, around the world 2004-2006, BMW R80G/S
Jeremy Bullard, UK, From New York to South America, NZ, Australia and Africa... until the money runs out... KTM 640 Adventure
Chris Smith and Liz Peel, UK, around the world, 2004 - " At £30 a day we have funds for 5 years on the road, but we only plan as far as the first week and then see how we feel and where we want to go..."
Florence Pierson, USA, around the world 2004-2007
Simon Kennedy, UK, around the world, sometimes with Rachel Delavaud, also travelling. (They just stopped travelling as of June 04, due to an "unexpected blessing" - a new son arrived!)
Tiffany Coates, 2001-2003, UK, around the world, sometimes with a friend, sometimes not!
Bruno Blum, 2001 - 2002, Switzerland, second trip around the world, through Russia and the 'stans, Japan, and Canada / USA. In German only, superb photos!
Peter & Kay Forwood, 1996-2005 and..., Australia, have been travelling the world by Harley Davidson motorcycle since Feb 1996. "Our main emphasis is travel to unusual destinations." That's an understatement. The Forwoods have now been to 150 countries in Africa, Asia, the Middle East and Europe, and through Central and South America. Horizons Unlimited is proud to host their entire trip story here. Fantastic stories and pictures!
Jason Homewood, RTW 2000-?? Australia, SE Asia...
Martin Rooiman and Jeannette Boom, Netherlands, Round the World. "My original plan to drive to Australia is changed into a RTW-trip as my girlfriend decided to join me for rest of the RTW-trip." Ukraine, Russia, Turkey, Syria, Jordan, Iran, Pakistan, India, Nepal, Thailand, Laos, Vietnam and who knows where next!
Greg Frazier, USA, motorcycle adventurer and writer, has done 5 Round the World trips. Greg's stories are always entertaining, and he has some great photos too!
Ken and Carol Duval, Australia, 1997-2.... Round the world. They toured North and Central America, worked in the UK for two winters and toured Europe, UK and Ireland, then London to Cairo and on to Cape Town, South Africa. Their final leg took them through Turkey, Iran, Pakistan and India on their trek homeward to Australia. Great stories and pics. And they're on the road AGAIN! NEW
Chris Bright, UK, September 1999 - 2002. (new site) Round the world trip. Plenty of pictures as well as the story. Also more recent trips to India.
Stephan and 'Chenda Solon, UK, Round the World, 2000-2001, on a Honda NTV650 street bike. Stories from Africa, South and Central America, Australia, and Asia.
Rob and Dafne de Jong, Netherlands, their Ride-on World Tour started on November 21st 1996, concluded in late 2001. Stories from Africa, the Middle East, Australia, New Zealand, USA, Japan and Russia. Pics from Japan, Russia and Siberia story added in English and Nederlands!
Grant and Susan Johnson, (your Horizons Unlimited webmasters / hosts!) Canada, RTW from north to south, 1987-1998. Maybe not the slowest trip around the world, but we're not finished yet! Hundreds of pics from Africa, South America, Europe, Australia, New Zealand and Antarctica.
Dave Barr, USA, 1990-1994. Dave rode his 1972 Harley-Davidson around the world, six continents, three and a half years and 83,000 miles. Dave is the only one to do it on a Harley - so far. He's also the only disabled person to have accomplished it. Dave is a double amputee, who lost both of his legs to a land mine explosion in Angola in 1981. Dave wrote and published "Riding The Edge," and then for an encore rode across Siberia in the winter! That story in "Riding the Ice."
Freddie Piscina, USA, 1996-1998. Around the world on a 1987 FLHTP, Electra Glide Harley Davidson. 18 countries, including Australia, Singapore, Malaysia, Thailand, India, Pakistan, Israel, Jordan, Egypt, Cyprus, Turkey, Greece, Italy, France, Monaco, Spain, Gibraltar & Portugal. No pictures yet, but he promises there are lots!
Frank Campbell, Around the world in 80 days, via Russia, 2000.
- James and Cat Rix London to Australia, 2011-2012
- Mark and Maggie Allenspach, Australia to Switzerland 2008/9, also Alaska 2011
- Mike Starr, London to Melbourne, 2008
- Jim Burman and Imogen Mitchell, UK, to Europe, Morocco and Turkey, 2007
- Colin Patrick, Allen Starkey and John Yates,UK - Oz, XT Adventure 2006
- Jo and Garry Scutcher, Australia, UK to Australia
- David McMillan and Erika Tunick, USA, Paris to Sydney, 2005-2006
- Connor Carson, UK, 2000-2001. On a Yamaha Tenere. Connor has a unique and irreverent style which has resulted in many entertaining and very funny stories along the way.
- Richard Parkinson and Lisa Godfery, New Zealand, UK to New Zealand on a 'very well used TDM850.' Intended route: UK - France - Italy - Slovenia - Hungary - Romania - Bulgaria - Greece - Turkey - Iran - Pakistan - India - Nepal - Thailand - Cambodia - Laos - Thailand - Malaysia - Indonesia - East Timor - Australia - New Zealand.
- Barbara Halter and Harry Jacksonr From Ireland to Morocco 2013 NEW
- Ross Davidson, West Coast of Africa to Gabon, 2012
- Nish and Abby Leclerc, UK to Cape Town and back, 2010
- Ken Thomas, Whyteleafe, Surrey UK to Cape Town, 2010
- Cam Brookes, India to Africa, 2010
- Archie Taylor, UK to Africa, 2009
- Izak Snyman, Africa, 2009
- Geoff Shingleton, Africa 2008 - 2009
- Lionel Haggard and Jerry Finley, Dubai to Cape Town, 2008
- Rob Reznik , UK - Cape Town on a Bullet, 2007
- Michael Beckett, Africa, North to South, 2007-2008
- George Guille, Trans Africa, 2007-2008
- Ron Markiewicz, Africa & TransAm, 2007
- Brian Bayley, South Africa to England, 2007
- Andrew Wells, Chelmsford, UK to Cape Town
- Richard Miller and Sascha Meyer, through Europe, the Middle East and Africa on a 1955 Royal Enfield Bullet
- Allan Roberts and Amy Lee, Africa, 2006-2007. "The Impossible is possible - 2 Australians on an African Adventure - and one had never ridden a motorbike before this trip."
- Andrew Newton, Morrocan Sahara, April 2005
- Johan Arnt Bjørkås, Madagascar, 2005
- Tom and Jo Gamble, UK, Africa 2004-2005
- Simon Fitzpatrick London to Cape Town, 2004-2005, Dominator
- Paul and Zoe Jenkins Around Africa 2004 - ????
- Roger Hislop An African Tale short story...
- Mike Coan, in Tunisia, 2001
- Graeme Andrew, Around Australia 2012
- Jill Maden, riding around Australia on a Postie Bike!
- Rick McDermed, time for another BIG adventure, Around Oz 2008
- Karin Lepa and Peter Pond, Australian TT 2006
- Richard Stewart, Cairns - Winton via Tamworth, 2005
- Kerstin Doose, Germany, 2004 in NZ.
- Ian and Fergus Lock, a father and son adventure around Australia on a Triumph, 2000.
- Nickra, UK, around Australia on a GT550, 2002.
- Dennis van Aken, Melbourne to Melbourne via WA & NT, 2002.
- Roger Hogg Around the South Island of New Zealand, on the "interesting" backroads... 1999.
- Juan E. Rubio, Spain, across Asia 2014 NEW posts!
- David Bailey, UK to Sarajevo 2012
- Peter Hazael, Europe to Turkey 2012
- Brett From Oz, Eastern Europe 2011 +
- Mike Matthews, Europe June - Sept 2011
- Zoran & Tamara, In the sunlight of travel... , 2010
- Mark and Bronwyn Hosking, Europe to India, 2010
- Suzanne and Richard Tibbetts, 14 country, 5,250 km, two week trip around Europe, 2010
- Duncan Fortescue, Western Europe 4 Week Tour 2010
- Ross MacDonald, NZ - UK
- Cam Brookes, India to Africa, 2010
- Alexandros Papadopoulos, UK to India, 2008 - 2009
- Dan and Anna, European Trip, 2009
- Saad and Richard, Quarter Way Round, 2009
- Rob and Jo Mott, a tour of Europe and the continent, 2009
- Laura Bennitt, Europe 2009
- Adrian Coe, Europe and Morocco, 2009
- Nick Statham & Gill Roger, Hull to St Petersburg and beyond, 2008
- Brendon and Natasha Ball, Smilemenders' Cunning Plan 2008
- Ron and Rocket Hall, Birthday Tour 2008
- Chris Miles, Economics of a Motorcycle Beijing, Xian and Shanghai
- Henry Mawson and Kirsten Heerwagen, trip through Europe and North America 2008
- Rob Hodder, BMW and Vincent trip, London - Montpellier - London 2007
- Graham and Ida, The Balkans on an 84 Yamaha XJ - 2007
- Simon Roberts, The Road to Kathmandu - the comic strip
- Martin Worley, Chernobyl BikeAid, 2007
- Adam Hutchinson, Europe on a scooter, 2006
- Andi Naumann, Free Solo 2007
- Pol and Pat Aerts, France, one year on the road, from Indonesia to Mongolia to NZ.
- John Murphy , 40 Countries on a ST1300, 2006
- Carl Ohto-Everett, Singapore to Cambodia via Malaysia and Chiang Mai, 2005
- Dan Buckland, UK to Russia via the Balkans and back, 2005
- Andrej & Joachim, S-E-Asia, in German, 2006-2007
- Bill McKay & Karen Brown, Loose With The Saddle On, 2006
- Fabrice Blocteur, from Japan across Asia to Europe, 2006
- Mark and Paul Dolby, UK to Mongolia, 2 men, 2 motorbikes, 15,000 miles in 8 weeks, 2006
- Randy Kremlacek & Mary Finley, Croat-Slovene-Austria-Italia Tour, 2005
- Sumit Bajaj, small trips in India and surrounding areas
- Robert McNeil, the Himalayan Adventure Tour, 2000.
- Franki Yang, Hong Kong, China, his northern Thailand trip, 2003.
- Jules Davenport, rode an Indian Royal Enfield Bullet overland from India to UK in April, 2005.
- Kevin Payne, UK to Eastern Europe and back, 2005.
- Tony Kalm, Rome to Russia around the Black Sea, 2004.
- Mauro Iacona, started his trip from Africa in June, 2004. Currently traveling in Asia on his Africa Twin XRV 750.
- Martyn Cleaver, UK, tour of the Baltics on a Triumph Speedmaster July 2005.
- Preetam Bora, rode through the Himalayan Foothills on Royald Enfields, 2004.
- Aurele Vrata Venet, Bangalore to Pondicherry: a southern India trip in 2003.
- Ajit Harisinghani rode from Pune to Khardung-La, India in 2004.
- Lucas Romriell's attempt to travel across Russia, most of Central Asia, the lower Caucuses, Turkey and Eastern Europe on an Ural sidecar rig in 2004.
- Tom Sebastiano, trip around Europe in 1996.
- Richard Stewart and friends, tour of the Philippines in November 2005 .
- Andrew Owens and Wendy Gill, UK, Singapore through Malaysia, Thailand and to U.K. on BMW F650 GS and BMW F650 Dakar.
- Peter van den Brand, Holland to India, in Dutch and - soon - English
- Richard and Chris Stone, London to Kathmandu in 3 months.
- Tom Forde, Australia, on a Dakar through Asia, one year.
- Pietro Spera, Italy, Uzbekistan to Italy, "how to" trip tips. from "Tashkent, the start of our journey, then on to Samarkand, Bukhara, Turkmenistan, across the Caspian Sea by ferry boat, from there to Azerbaijan, Georgia, Armenia, Turkey and Greece, finally returning home to Italy."
- Pierre and Elisa Sousa Lima, their new adventure to Slovenia and Croatia, 2005.
- Andre Lomme, India to Germany on an R100GS. "I'm planning to ride from Madras via Nepal, Pakistan, Iran, Turkey and Europe to Germany... That's the plan - unless the borders close... "
- Bob & Julie McDarby-Feast, UK to Australia. "We returned from a RTW three years ago having travelled to South East Asia, New Zealand, Fiji, Cook Islands, USA & Canada. For a while we tried to lose ourselves in our careers, the new house and our other passion, motorcycles... I was bored, bored with the reality of life and the weather in the UK... We both longed to be somewhere else... "
- Heiko Neumann, Germany, around Europe, then on to North America.
- James Whyte, UK, India home to UK on a Royal Enfield.
- Patrick and Danette Harkness, Canada, to Europe, Syria, Jordan and Kenya.
- Sean Kelly and Adrian Scott, "after many years dreaming, scheming and planning, are finally setting off on their preposterously overloaded BMW GS motorcycles to ride from UK to Australia."
- Luc and Catherine De Wulf-Thomas, Belgium, "We are traveling on 2 BMW R80GS from March 2002 till March 2003. We started in Belgium then on to Italy, Greece, Turkey, Georgia, Russia, Mongolia... back in Turkey and planning to go to Iran, Pakistan and India... in Dutch language."
- Stefano Mangini, Italy, "From China to Italy on motorcycle, ...a dream that is becoming reality on the basis of the belief that dreams we have inside cannot die. They can only fall asleep until the day their awakening will bring them into existence."
- Simon McCarthy and Georgie Simmonds, UK, "We're planning to ride a motorbike to Japan and back, taking in about 25 countries on the way. We intend to be gone for about 18 months, from April 2002 to September 2003."
- Mike Paull, USA, planned from Shanghai, China, to Frankfurt, Germany, but ran into trouble en route!
- Michael Eierle, Germany to India. Riding a 1981 Moto Guzzi, 2000-2001.
- Wim Langebeen - How to Buy an Enfield in India and ride it home, Two Belgian guys who went searching for two new Enfield motorcycles in India in August 2000 and drove them back home overland. This is very much a practical 'how to' rather than a story, with lots of tips and contact details.
- Gordon Mackie (65) and Bob Chaplin (54), UK, September to November 1997. St Ives, Cornwall, UK, to Delhi, India. Riding Honda 250cc singles, commuter type road bikes. Also, check out Gordon's 2003 trip to Spain and Portugal.
- Ron Newton and Manas Dichow went to Thailand for a two week ride in the Golden Triangle.
- Vincent Schuller, Amsterdam, Destination Isfahan, Turkey, April to June 2000
- Erwin Thoma, from Germany across Russia (German only) 1999
- Hugo Vanneck, UK to Morocco, 1994. Japan, 2001
- Tracy and Arianne Wondergem, Netherlands, European touring
- Geoff Stacey, South / Central America 2013/14 NEW
- Stuart Morgan, USA 2013, Two couples, two Harleys, for two weeks, touring the Carolinas, Tennessee and Georgia NEW
- Arturo Romero, Panama to South America solo, 2013 NEW
- Doug Laird, Deadhorse to Ushuaia
- Mark and Maggie Allenspach, Australia to Switzerland 2008/9, also Alaska
- Ralph Kirchmaier and Carol McKenzie, Terra Incognita 10/11
- Two Pegs to Patagonia, The 3 Americas, 2010-12 and on...
- Andy Berwick and Maya Vermeer, Sidecar Adventures in the Americas
- Trale Bardell, Ride to Aconcagua, 2009
- Jude and Johannes Schonbor, Anchorage to Ushuaia, 2009
- Albert and Marilyn Sollini, North to South America, 2009
- Robert Thode, The Great Escape To South America
- Daniel Shell & Jaquie Brazier, USA, Mexico and beyond...
- Graham Shee, Alaska to Argentina, July '08 to Jan '09
- Darren & Emma Homer, The Americas 2007-2008, Following the front wheel
- Jeff Akins, Central Mexico through Central and South America, 2008
- Les Kay, Americas trip 2007-2008
- Greg and Tara Penner, Brazil bound, and Around, 2007
- Ryan Martin, Panama to Nelson, BC; Letters From The Road, April - May 2006
- B. B. (Pappy) Neely, from Mississippi, USA to Tierra del Fuego Trip, 2006
- Simon Gandolfi, Veracruz, Mexico, to Tierra del Fuego, 2006
- Rick McDermed, Prudhoe Bay, Alaska to Tierra del Fuego, 2006
- Andy Tiegs, USA to Central/South America 2006
- Jacob Sherman, Americas Trip 2006 - 2007
- Robert Bielesch, The Americas: South, Central and Mexico, 2006
- Winfried 'Winne' Lichtblau, South America / Mexico, 2005-2006
- Grant Guerin & Julie Rose, Trans America and beyond, 2005.
- Laird VanDyck, Honda 49cc Motor Scooter Ride US Coast-to-Coast, 2004
- Miguel Lopez, Colombia, from Colombia to Alaska, 2002
- Mark Hamilton, USA, from Atlanta to Atlantic Canada, 2004
- James McPherson, USA, Alaska to ___? 2005 - 200? KLR650.
- Martin and Katja Wickert, Germany, 2004-? In English and German.
- Norm Ness, Canada, to Central America
- Jeff Nicholls, Canada, around Canada and to Alaska
- Juan Carlos Ibarra, KLRing it to the deep South of the America's
- Jim Stanley, USA, to South America
- Leah Chapman and Dom Breen, Australia and Ireland, riding the Americas 2003, KLR650's
- Peter Slarke, Alaska to Patagonia.
- Bill Thompson "After 30 years of dreaming and 18 months of scheming the time for our western trip has finally arrived. Bo Johnson and Bill Thompson are setting out for a month on the road on our BMW motorcycles with the American West as our only destination."
- Diego Gamboa, Costa Rica, to Alaska.
- Michael Kerr, 49 States - 6 Months. In a period of six months, I hope to reach all 49 US States on two wheels.
- Matt Stackpole and Ed Tarleton, "XR's only" to South America
- Jo-Anne Smith, Canada, to South America, 2003-2005... "I left in such a rush. The idea came to me in May; I bought the bike ('97 F650) in June and called it off in September. I finally hit the road at the beginning of October with a weeping petrol tank (27ltr), a bald back tyre and throw over panniers... "
- Arno Backes and Sian Mackenzie, Germany and Uk, around South and North America
- Jeremy Andrews, New Zealand, North and South America and...?
- Gonzalo Figueroa, Argentina, and Nina Maria Eidheim, Norway, from Los Angeles to Buenos Aires, 2000-2001
- Istvan Szlany, Canada, to Alaska and Ushuaia, KLR650, 2000-2001
- Alexandros Papadopoulos and Ping-Yi, bicycling Chile 2011-12
- Tim Nadin and Daisy Denniss, South America Nov 2010 - Mar 2011
- Henry Rekers and Renee Davy, Central America 2010 and beyond
- Murray and Joyce Castle, 200 days, 20,000 miles around South America, 2009 and Murray's South American travels in 2006
- Santiago Lema,Andes and Patagonia 2008-2009
- Hugo Albini, Latin America 2008
- Michel Buyckx, Central America, 10,000 km through Mexico, Belize, Guatemala, 2007
- Ross Davidson, South American Adventure, 2007
- Christian Burrows, Central and South America, 2006 - 2007
- Marc and Bev Davies, UK, aound South America and beyond, 2006
- Eric Dahan and Gaby Berelovich, Central and South American Tour, 2005
- Rien Libhart and Nathan, Pan American motorcycle sailors, 2005
- Mick Pugh, UK, Latin America, 2004 - 2005
- Amalia Zimmerman, South America, ended by a crash. Good lesson here.
- Andreas Voelker, South America, 2003/4, and maybe even to North America!
- Daniel Mogstad, Norway, through South America, Super Ténéré
- Arne Bomblies, USA, Americas 2002-03, South on the Road to Adventure
- Jorge Ramirez and Stephane Gresier, From L.A. USA To B.A. Argentina, 2002
- Belinda and Patrick Peck, Cairns, Queensland, Australia, travelling 2 up on a Yamaha Super Tenere XTZ 750, fondly nicknamed Miss Adventure.
- Gary Steele, USA, (aka Funhog), around Central America, 2002
- Frank Tabor and Dale Thornton, Omaha, USA, each have their own stories to tell about a 'memorable' (read terrifying) trip through Central and South America.
- Ryan Wagner and Dan Koengeter, USA, to South America, a 'Year of Living Dangerously', 1999/2000
- Werner Zwick, South American Journeys, Patagonia 2000 (including Antarctica), Northern-Chile/Bolivia 2000. Peru 2001 and Ecuador 2001. Fabulous photos!
- Paul Brealey and Stephen Bills, Aussies Across the USA
- Michael Mathews, Minnesota to Alaska 2007
- Ron Steeper, USA, a Wing and a Prayer, 2007-2008
- Paul and David Neate, Western USA on a Harley
- Jim Boone, motormusings... 2006
- The Weckerleys, motorcycle adventures, 2006
- Russ Darr, Viva Mexico, October 2005
- David Edinger, USA, trip from Dallas, Texas to Goose Bay, Labrador, 2005
- Chuck Skarsaune, USA, a month across the USA
- Stephen Golub, Canada, Riding North America's Great Divide, 2005
- David Lomax, UK, the TransAM trail, off-road across the USA
- Horst Erntl, Germany, in Canada 2003
- Dwight McBain, San Diego to Pennsylvania, "Like Persig's work, what follows has only a little to do with motorcycling."
- Dan Payne, East Coast USA
- Diane Bogenrieder, USA, a woman's first trip, Florida to Michigan, USA
- Russell Fisher UK, the TransAmerica Trail 2000, first off-road across the USA, July to September, 2000
- Hans-Ove Görtz, Sweden, riding across America as part of the COG Y2KN Continental drift, Kawasaki GTR 1000, 2000
- John Segalla is a Weymouth resident on a cross country adventure with his dog. He occasionally writes stories about his journey
- Kevin Staddon, Kunzum La
- The Motorcyclist - what it's all about, by Martin Eden.
- Clayton Canfield "I take at least two, one-week tours each year, whether that is to Death Valley, Jasper National Parque, Beartooth Pass Montana, Laguna Seca MotoGP, or Prince Rupert, BC, also Spain, Chile"
- fact? or fiction? - You decide...
If you have any more stories like this, please send them in. Sorry, no money, just fame!
- Your Story - If you don't have a web site (or you're tired of maintaining your own), you are welcome to submit YOUR motorcycle travel story to us for inclusion here.
Are you an Overland Adventure Traveller?
Does the smell of spices wafting through the air make you think of Zanzibar, a cacophony of honking horns is Cairo, or a swirl of brilliantly patterned clothing Guatemala? Then this is the site for you!
Hosted by Grant and Susan Johnson, RTW 1987-1998
HUGE, 11.5 x 16.5 inches, beautifully printed in Germany on top quality stock! Photos are the winning images from over 600 entries in the 9th Annual HU Photo Contest!
"The calendar is magnificent!"
"I just wanted to say how much I'm loving the new, larger calendar!"
We share the profit with the winning photographers. YOU could be in the HU Calendar too - enter here!
Next HU Events
- UK - Haggs Bank: Sept. 19-21
- USA California: Sept. 25-28
- Aus Queensland: Oct 3-6
- Aus Perth: Oct 10-12
- Germany Autumn: Oct 23-26
- Aus VIC: Oct 24-26
- Aus NSW: Oct 31-Nov 2
- South Africa: Nov 13-16
- NEW! USA Virginia: Apr 9-12, 2015
- NEW! HUMM Morocco: May 13-16, 2015
Take 40% off Road Heroes Part 1 until October 31 only!
Road Heroes features tales of adventure, joy and sheer terror by veteran travellers Peter and Kay Forwood (193 countries two-up on a Harley); Dr. Greg Frazier (5 times RTW); Tiffany Coates (RTW solo female); and Rene Cormier (University of Gravel Roads).
"Inspiring and hilarious!"
"I loved watching this DVD!"
"Lots of amazing stories and even more amazing photographs, it's great fun and very inspirational."
Check it out at the HU Store! Remember to use Coupon Code 'HEROES' on your order when you checkout.
10th Annual HU Travellers Photo Contest is on now! This is an opportunity for YOU to show us your best photos and win prizes!
All the best travel books and videos listed and often reviewed on HU's famous Books page. Check it out and get great travel books from all over the world.