Overland travel stories
Browse books in this category
- When I was 12 years old, in 1964, my father, brother and I walked 372 miles from Umhlanga Rocks, just north of Durban, South Africa, to Lourenco Marques in Mocambique. We carried...
- When I was 12, in 1964, I walked from Durban to Lourenco Marques with my elder brother and my father. It took us two weeks to complete the 372 miles, sleeping mostly on the side...
- Ever thought of driving an old Ford Fiesta, unsupported, across the Western Shara? This is a detailed account of a trip Lawrence Bransby and his surly, grumpy co-driver made from...
- Most people would regard it as irresponsible madness for a father to take his 17-year-old son, riding old and somewhat worn-out XT500 motorcycles, on a four-month ride across...
- On an afternoon just like many before it, Brad Van Orden sat at his desk. When a coworker meandered past his window, Brad succumbed to an impulse and blurted out the most...
- Rio Laine on Amazon.com: "For those of you who like your travel experiences to be wild and exciting, 'The Gringo Trail'...
- Recommended by Red Bull on the HUBB.
Are you an Overland Adventure Traveller?
Does the smell of spices wafting through the air make you think of Zanzibar, a cacophony of honking horns is Cairo, or a swirl of brilliantly patterned clothing Guatemala? Then this is the site for you!
Hosted by Grant and Susan Johnson, RTW 1987-1998
HUGE, 11.5 x 16.5 inches, beautifully printed in Germany on top quality stock! Photos are the winning images from over 600 entries in the 9th Annual HU Photo Contest!
"The calendar is magnificent!"
"I just wanted to say how much I'm loving the new, larger calendar!"
We share the profit with the winning photographers. YOU could be in the HU Calendar too - enter here!