Overland travel stories
Browse books in this category
- When I was 12 years old, in 1964, my father, brother and I walked 372 miles from Umhlanga Rocks, just north of Durban, South Africa, to Lourenco Marques in Mocambique. We carried...
- When I was 12, in 1964, I walked from Durban to Lourenco Marques with my elder brother and my father. It took us two weeks to complete the 372 miles, sleeping mostly on the side...
- Ever thought of driving an old Ford Fiesta, unsupported, across the Western Shara? This is a detailed account of a trip Lawrence Bransby and his surly, grumpy co-driver made from...
- Most people would regard it as irresponsible madness for a father to take his 17-year-old son, riding old and somewhat worn-out XT500 motorcycles, on a four-month ride across...
- On an afternoon just like many before it, Brad Van Orden sat at his desk. When a coworker meandered past his window, Brad succumbed to an impulse and blurted out the most...
- Rio Laine on Amazon.com: "For those of you who like your travel experiences to be wild and exciting, 'The Gringo Trail'...
- Recommended by Red Bull on the HUBB.
Are you an Overland Adventure Traveller?
Does the smell of spices wafting through the air make you think of Zanzibar, a cacophony of honking horns is Cairo, or a swirl of brilliantly patterned clothing Guatemala? Then this is the site for you!
Hosted by Grant and Susan Johnson, RTW 1987-1998
Next HU Events
- Canada West: Aug 21-24
- USA North Carolina: Sept. 4-7
- France Mini: Sep 5-7
- Canada Ontario: Sept. 11-14
- NEW! UK - Haggs Bank: Sept. 19-21
- USA California: Sept. 25-28
- Aus Queensland: Oct 3-6
- Aus Perth: Oct 10-12
- Aus VIC: Oct 24-26
- NEW! Aus NSW: Oct 31-Nov 2
- NEW! South Africa: Nov 13-16
- NEW! HUMM Morocco: May 13-16, 2015
Now that summer is here, get