Seeking road conditions on Oso Penisula (Costa Rica) ... leaivng Quepos tomorrow!
Staying near Quepos, Costa Rica; plotting my next move. I'm considering:
(1) Drake Bay -- there is a place I can stay there for free through a friend.
(2) Carate -- the farthest point it looks like you can drive to on the Oso Penisula near the National Park Corcovado.
I've done some searches on Drake Bay .. and so far I've seen only: Emergency in costa rica!!!! - ADVrider
... which is not exactly the most inspiring set of posts (especially as I have a V-Strom also; and have never done a water crossing).
It seems like I'd be battling multiple water crossings that way. I'd love to know
1) Road conditions
2) Any water crossings if any?
3) Approximately how much time would it take from Chacanita ==> Drake Bay
4) Can you get to the national Park by motorcycle (i.e. skip drake bay and go further south).