I'm 5'8/1.75m and 77kg (sorry no idea what that is in lb) and had two R1100R's. Obviously they are road only and you'll want to drop a pillion passenger off before venturing onto even a wet camping field, but I had no issues with the size.
If you are planning on touring away from imeadiate help, i'd get on google and look at the BMW club and BMWROA pages for the following:
- ABS reset: a low battery upsets the system at start up, the flashing lights are annoying. You reset just by grounding a pin.
- Fuel filter location: It's in a stupid place under the tank so if it collapses you need to know how to get it out Some riders move them to a better location.
- Fuel Injection relay location: it's a half size relay under the seat. Carry a spare and keep the contacts clean. If the Bosch **** sticks the motor gets no petrol.
- Check you have the tyre repair kit and know how to use it. The bung kits work really well, but need a little practice.
- Check the front shock for corrosion. My first bike had two under warrenty, the second was due one but had it removed when fitted with the sidecar.
If you like your road tourers big and fast, I'd rate the R1100R. Enjoy.