Originally Posted by kiraboo
If you have started to make any plans then maybe you could share them with me .
. Would love to hook up in the US and share notes. What have I done so far? Here we go:
- slowly but surely making the GS mechanically fit for RTW travel.
- invested in camping gear (high quality, small size, light weight)
- have already bought a couple of maps Russia, Mongolia, Ukraine, Belarus
- Looking into Russian language courses
- have been looking into air-transport options form Anchorage, AK and Vancouver
- Have lined up a couple of smaller camping trips in the local area for gear testing
I have 8-10, maybe 12 weeks to complete the trip once started. It is more purpose driven than just hanging and enjoying. But, I believe that is doable without rushing through the miles...
I'll PM you my contact info
"Hey, ...I'm just ridin' shotgun"