Adelaide to Anchorage, Nov 2011 - Sep 2012
This November we’ll be starting a ride from Adelaide, South Australia to Anchorage, Alaska via South, Central and North America, with an aim to reach the finish line by late September 2012.
The notion of spending the 10 months in the company of one other person, particularly one that isn’t overly attractive, isn’t overly appealing to either of us. Therefore, if there is anyone out there that is planning a trip that overlaps ours at any stage, we’d appreciate a change in company and an excuse to meet up for a
Our Basic Route/Dates...
- Adelaide to Sydney in early Nov
- (Fly Sydney to Santiago 13th Nov)
- From Santiago to Rio by late Dec (Rio for NYE)
- From Rio to Buenos Aires (via Uruguay) by mid Feb
- From BA to Ushuaia by early March
- From Ushuaia to La Paz by late April
- From La Paz to Lima by early May
- (Ship across the Darien Gap from Columbia mid June)
- From Panama to Mexico City by late July
- Mexico to Vegas by early August
- From Vegas to NYC by late August
- From NYC to Vancouver by mid Sep
- From Vancouver to Anchorage by late Sep/early Oct
Routes and dates are rough and we’re open to detours and changes in plans. If you’re going to be heading in a similar direction at some stage, please get in touch and we’ll pencil in a
or joining you for a bit.
Details of the trip and the charity we’re supporting are all listed on adelaidetoanchorage.com
Mick & Dave