US-ARGNTNA-US: Seeking comp. 11/2003
Hello Adventure Riders (& Would-be Adventurers)--
Me, a one-time eager beaver in corporate NYC who, jaded at 28 years old decided to take take up two exciting/dangerous endeavors: I became a vol. firefighter and started taking my R1100 GS off-roading in prep for the trip to Ushuia.
After doing the prerequisite research and reading about the trip/route I felt confident I could do the run solo. I still feel I COULD do it solo, but I think it would just be more fun (not to mention safer) to roll with a companion or two.
Without getting too much into the logistics, here is the basic outline...
Depart: Late Oct/Early Nov (Best due to weather)
Duration: I estimate 6 months
1) Through Central America
2) Fly machine and self from Panama to Quito, Ecuador
3) Continue down west side of continent to Ushuia
5) Continue back up east side of continent
6) If all goes as planned...Rio for Carnival (have people there)
7) Figure out how I am getting back to USA...or just keep riding through Fr. Guyana, Suriname...etc.
If you are thinking about this trip seriously and can take the time off I would love to hear from you...many more plans and ideas I will expand upon then...
Xavier L. Rozas