XR400 impossible to insure
Having posted here before and got sensible answers I am doing so again in desperation.
I have contacted many many insurance companies regarding insurance for a six week trip to the states, most recommended by poeple on this site or by adverts I have seen on other boards. All seemed fine and I was told by many companies to contact them nearer to the departure date to arrange final details, with one month to go I began calling.
I am now a week from departure and not one company will insure an XR400 because it is classed as an off-road bike (I say nothing when I ring except the make and model). I have a full road legal kit fitted that ensures total compliance with all us states' requirements but this seems to hold no sway.
Obviously having read the last post I am considering a cancellation rather than risk problems as described.
Cash is really no longer an issue, I'll sell my kidneys if I have to!! ;-)