good choice, congratulations.
I did this trip in 2004/05 and it changed my life.
Now here are some points from my side:
1. Drive a bike that is registered to you personally, with matching papers and dates and addresses, that will make your life much easier.
2. Do not use a US licence plate, you will pay all the Gringo charges at the borders. (My American folks will forgive me, but most people in the Latin Americas do not favour the Gringos so much...)
3. Take enough fotocopies of your documents and never show the originals, only in official checks with many people. For that please read the Security and Travel page (you know for sure).
4. Shipping your bike to Alaska and from Argentina to Israel will not be any problem. There are many possibilities and great communities to help you. You will like it.
5. Enjoy and do not worry tooo much.