1. Tanger Med to Chefchaouen
2. Chefchaouen to Fez is about four hours, to Azrou maybe five and a half.
3. From Azrou I would stop off to see the wild apes
, the head through the middle of the Middle Atlas via Ain Leuh and Oum er Rbia to Khenifra which will be a full four hours of riding.
4. Khenifra via El Kebab (turn right just before), then Aghbala to Imilchil is getting on for four hours.
5. Unless you want to go on pistes, you should not go Imilchil - Agoudal - Boumalne as the Agoudal to Msemrir section is piste
. Instead go Imilchil - Agoudal - Ait Hani and down the Todra gorge to Tinerhir
. But I would overnight IN the Todra rather than at Tinerhir. Same applies to Boumalne, don't stay in the town on the main road, instead stay up in the Dades gorge
6. Tinerhir to Ouarzazate is probably 3.5 hours, Boumalne to Ouarzazate is less. Divert by turning right in El Kelaa M'Gouna and head north for about 8km to have lunch (or at least drinks) at Kasbah Itran.
7. Taroudannt is OK as a destination but personally I would go Ouarzazate to Taliouine and then south west via Igherm to Tafraoute
which is beautiful and spend a couple of nights there.
8. Hotel Suerte Loca
is now my favourite hotel in Sidi Ifni.
check on destinations at LookLex / Morocco
"For sheer delight there is nothing like altitude; it gives one the thrill of adventure
and enlarges the world in which you live,"
Irving Mather (1892-1966)
Access the Morocco Knowledgebase