This is interesting - looks like the KLR is being made into a cheaper version of the F650: more street, less dirt.
* Stiffer, more-rigid suspension
* More low-rev torque + more power
* Higher electrical output
* Stronger brakes
* Less suspension travel
* More fragile looking fairing
* Narrower rear - it never seemed a wide bike
* Is the sub-frame held on by better bolts?
* No mention of a fix to the balancer chain tensioner problems...
Looks like it's gonna be a better bike overall. Shame about the suspension travel reduction, now a lot less than, say, the DR650, but maybe that's balanced by stiffness + adjustability. Will be interesting to hear how old & new compare on the trail