Kawasaki Concours 14 / 1400GTR to South America
I am planning a trip from Pennsylvania to Ushuaia and back via Panamerican highway, currently have a Kawasaki Concours 14 (2009), and my thoughts are:
- Do you think I would be able to make the trip with this bike? I understand that if I stick to sealed roads I would be fine, but I know there will be not so friendly roads on the way down and I wanted to know if that could cause me major issues;
- If so, what kind of luggage would you have on it? My bike has the standard side bags, and the 47 liter top trunk (Givi, I guess, I bought it from Kawasaki and it is plastic all around jut like the side ones).
- Would you fit, or better yet, would it be possible to fit dual purpose tires on this bike (120/70R17 front and 190/50R17 back) - I am not even sure there are dual purpose tires for these rim specs)?
- Suspension - would you try anything different with the suspension, like change height, or get different after market parts?
- Are there custom parts to protect radiator, exhaust pipes, oil pan etc that could help me protect better the bike?
I am sure I am overlooking a lot of details here, but this is initial planning phase and choosing the right bike is just one of the thoughts I currently have on my mind.
Any input is greatly appreciated!