Bering Bike Equipment - Any Good?
I guess the title says it all really. The reason I'm asking is that I had a chance to check out a Bering Expedition jacket yesterday, at least I'm about 90% certain it was the Expedition, they're updating their site and the only ones I can Google are all black.
and these are the specs:
• 3 layer system for all conditions
• ARMEX highly abrasion resistant 'canvas feel' shell
• Waterproof, windproof and breathable
• Removable waterproof and breathable lining
• Removable micro-polar thermal lining
• Airvent system
• KNOX CE shoulder, elbow and back armour
• SCOTCHLITE reflective zones
• Connector zip for trousers
Expedition ridewear for tarmac and trail in any conditions. The technical 3 layer construction starts with a robust outer shell with a soft 'canvas feel' that incorporates a full airvent system for those blistering dusty trails. Zip in the removable, breathable and waterproof lining for protection from monsoons and finally zip in the removable micro-polar thermo alu lining, designed specifically to keep things lightweight and incredibly warm in sub zero conditions.
The airvent system I thought was particularly interesting as you can zip out the rear panel entirely leaving only a mesh centre.
But, no-one I know seems to have any experience of Bering stuff, is it any good?
Happiness has 125 cc