My name is Johan Janssen (Netherlands) and me and my brother are travelling from Holland to Indonesia and then we will fly to South Africa and drive back to Europe (about 500 days of travelling). We also have a website:
(mainly in Dutch but also some English on it)
I had a motorcycle accident in India (near Sitapur) on november 8th, 2012. We transported the damaged bike on a truck to Kathmandu, Nepal where i'm currently staying.
I was taking over a bus in India and the busdriver pushed me off the road. I had no other option than to hit a tree (with 80 kmph) that was laying next to the road. Me and the bike were launched into the air and then we hit the ground. Result for me: two broken ribs and a broken wrist so I still have plaster for 3 more weeks.
My bike (BMW F800GS - 2008) has the following damage (as far as I know):
- Left mirror is broken
- Right mirror is scratched on the back
- Handle caps are damaged / cracked
- Front fender is badly scratched and torn
- Fender at fork is torn
- Front wheel (rim) is dented (hit tree stump) is kinked
- Plastic caps on the left side are badly damaged and torn in places
- Cockpit lights are loose and broken
- Lighting functions but the housing is broken in half and glasses are broken
- Left turn signal is broken
- Windshield is severely damaged and loose
- Bracket windscreen is skewed and loose
- The crash bars are against the engine block (the engine makes a different sound now)
- Steering wheel / front wheel is bended
- Pannier box on the left side is badly damaged
The busdriver didn't stop so no insurance from that side. I also don't have insurance for the bike so it's going to be an expensive day. I will order the parts in Holland and send them to kathmandu by airplane (I have insurance for sending parts for free) so that's not a problem.
For pictures of the accident / damage see: here
Now i'm looking for a service garage and I found this one:
HANSRAJ HULASCHAND & CO.
WORD NO. 12
MACHALI TEKU ROAD
KATMANDU - NEPAL
Does anyone now if it's any good or maybe you know a better one? Or did anyone also need service in Kathmandu? Where did you go and what was your experience with the service garage?
Looking for a good motor service shop in Kathmandu who also have experience with big bikes like BMW / KTM etc.
I'm also looking for an aluminium welder to fix my pannierbox.
Hope you can help me with good advice or tips!