1996 Mitsubishi L400 POPTOP Camper Spacegear 2.8L Turbo Diesel
$15,000 CDN or 12,000 €
This is a one of a kind Mitsubishi L400 Spacegear with a 2 piece poptop camper kit. This is the only one in Canada (located in Vancouver, BC).
The company that manufactured the poptop located in Australia is no more, hence these are as rare as they come on the global market.
It's a very unique Spacegear and it has a lot of modifications and mechanical work done to it.
I would be happy to help drive/ship along the coast of Canada/US or ship overseas.
Set of images :
L400 Poptop - a set on Flickr
Slideshow of images :
It's a 1996 PF8W Long wheelbase highroof model with 172,000 km's on it.
Seats 7 people. 5 shoulder belts and 2 lap belts.
Has a center bench (2 passenger) on a pod that swivels 360 degrees, allowing a lot of seating configurations as seen in the pictures.
The passenger seat also rotates 360 degrees and facing backwards you can have 6 people facing each other.
This is by far my favorite for seating/storage. It is more versatile than the two single captain's chairs as it allows you to have 5 adults + 5 full sized bicycles + gear.
-2.8L 4M40 turbo diesel (tuned ip/turbo)
-Dual Airbags (Driver/Passenger)
-4 wheel anti-lock brakes
-4 wheel disc brake
-SuperSelect 4WD system (2WD/AWD/4WD) Full time all-wheel drive (shift on the fly)
+ Part-time lockable transfer case.
-E-code headlights / side reflectors
- curtain sliders
- 2" suspension lift :
- Rear : standard length coil springs with 2" lift spacer +
- Rear : Firestone airbags (able to add additional load or raise lift for clearance - individually)
- Front : 1" balljoint spacers - reindexed Torsion bars
- New procomp 9000 series longer shocks front/rear
- Brand new 31x10.5x15 Goodyear Territory tires (All Terrain / Snowflake symbol)
- 15" polished JDM alloy rims
Engine (all new) :
- Radiator, waterpump, thermostat, belts, coolant expansion bottle
- Air filter
- Injection pump rebuilt (viton seals)
- Injectors rebuilt
- 15w40 synthetic oil replaced / filter
- Fuel filter replaced
- Front/rear differential gear oil flushed/replaced
- Transfer case oil flush/replaced
- Transmission oil/filter replaced
- Front wheel bearings replaced and hubs repacked/adjusted
- Front brakes pads
- Rear brakes pads
- Rear driver's side e-brake cable/hardware
- Front lower balljoints
- Inner/outer tie rods/boots left/right all checked during inspection
- Left/right sway bar links replaced all checked during inspection
- New block heater for those chilly evenings (standard 120V household plug in)
- Dual batteries (new batteries replaced)
email jfarsang @ gmail.com