Tauranga, New Zealand Community
Tauranga, New Zealand
Welcome to the beautiful Bay Of Plenty. In our area we can offer good roads without too much traffic, unspoiled back country gravel roads, historic places and friendly people.
We are the stepping off place for:
- The fabulous remote East Cape
- The exciting Coromandel - a biker's dream
- Within an hour of Rotorua with its lakes, its thermal activity and its Maori culture experiences
- Two hours from Lake Taupo and the famous rainbow trout fishery.
- A little more than an hour from university city Hamilton and the annual Agricultural Fieldays
- And of course only two hours from Auckland International airport
- Tauranga itself has the popular Mount Maunganui surf beach: the Port of Tauranga is NZ's busiest: and Te Puke is the home of our fantastic kiwifruit. Be sure to try one before you leave NZ.
Bring your work permit and a willingness for hard work as there is plenty of seasonal kiwifruit work available, particularly around April - June.
The Tauranga community is able to advise and assist you and has a depth of local knowledge that they are willing to share.
Are you an Overland Adventure Traveller?
Does the smell of spices wafting through the air make you think of Zanzibar, a cacophony of honking horns is Cairo, or a swirl of brilliantly patterned clothing Guatemala? Then this is the site for you!
Hosted by Grant and Susan Johnson, RTW 1987-1998
Next HU Events
- Canada West: Aug 21-24
- USA North Carolina: Sept. 4-7
- France Mini: Sep 5-7
- Canada Ontario: Sept. 11-14
- NEW! UK - Haggs Bank: Sept. 19-21
- USA California: Sept. 25-28
- Aus Queensland: Oct 3-6
- Aus Perth: Oct 10-12
- Aus VIC: Oct 24-26
- NEW! Aus NSW: Oct 31-Nov 2
- NEW! South Africa: Nov 13-16
- NEW! HUMM Morocco: May 13-16, 2015
Our veteran travellers share their tips (and great stories) for staying healthy, happy and secure on your motorcycle adventure.
"A fantastic, informative and inspirational DVD."
"It's brilliant - thank you very much!"
Check it out at the HU Store! Remember to use Coupon Code 'ONTHEROAD' on your order when you checkout.
10th Annual HU Travellers Photo Contest is on now! This is an opportunity for YOU to show us your best photos and win prizes!
All the best travel books and videos listed and often reviewed on HU's famous Books page. Check it out and get great travel books from all over the world.