Tauranga, New Zealand Community
Tauranga, New Zealand
Welcome to the beautiful Bay Of Plenty. In our area we can offer good roads without too much traffic, unspoiled back country gravel roads, historic places and friendly people.
We are the stepping off place for:
- The fabulous remote East Cape
- The exciting Coromandel - a biker's dream
- Within an hour of Rotorua with its lakes, its thermal activity and its Maori culture experiences
- Two hours from Lake Taupo and the famous rainbow trout fishery.
- A little more than an hour from university city Hamilton and the annual Agricultural Fieldays
- And of course only two hours from Auckland International airport
- Tauranga itself has the popular Mount Maunganui surf beach: the Port of Tauranga is NZ's busiest: and Te Puke is the home of our fantastic kiwifruit. Be sure to try one before you leave NZ.
Bring your work permit and a willingness for hard work as there is plenty of seasonal kiwifruit work available, particularly around April - June.
The Tauranga community is able to advise and assist you and has a depth of local knowledge that they are willing to share.
Are you an Overland Adventure Traveller?
Does the smell of spices wafting through the air make you think of Zanzibar, a cacophony of honking horns is Cairo, or a swirl of brilliantly patterned clothing Guatemala? Then this is the site for you!
Hosted by Grant and Susan Johnson, RTW 1987-1998
9th Annual HU Travellers Photo Contest is ending soon! This is an opportunity for YOU to show us your best photos and win prizes!
NEW! HU Adventure Motorcycle 2014 Calendar is now available! Get your copy now for some terrific travel inspiration! The calendar is HUGE, 12x17 inches (30x43 cm)! Photos are the best of the Photo Contest entries for the last 6 years.
We split the profit with the winning photographers. YOU could be in the HU Calendar too - enter here!