Tauranga, New Zealand Community
Tauranga, New Zealand
Welcome to the beautiful Bay Of Plenty. In our area we can offer good roads without too much traffic, unspoiled back country gravel roads, historic places and friendly people.
We are the stepping off place for:
- The fabulous remote East Cape
- The exciting Coromandel - a biker's dream
- Within an hour of Rotorua with its lakes, its thermal activity and its Maori culture experiences
- Two hours from Lake Taupo and the famous rainbow trout fishery.
- A little more than an hour from university city Hamilton and the annual Agricultural Fieldays
- And of course only two hours from Auckland International airport
- Tauranga itself has the popular Mount Maunganui surf beach: the Port of Tauranga is NZ's busiest: and Te Puke is the home of our fantastic kiwifruit. Be sure to try one before you leave NZ.
Bring your work permit and a willingness for hard work as there is plenty of seasonal kiwifruit work available, particularly around April - June.
The Tauranga community is able to advise and assist you and has a depth of local knowledge that they are willing to share.
Are you an Overland Adventure Traveller?
Does the smell of spices wafting through the air make you think of Zanzibar, a cacophony of honking horns is Cairo, or a swirl of brilliantly patterned clothing Guatemala? Then this is the site for you!
Hosted by Grant and Susan Johnson, RTW 1987-1998
Next HU Events
- Germany: May 29-June 1
- Greece: June 5-8
- Bulgaria Mini: June 13-14
- HUBB UK: June 19-22
- Montenegro: June 26-29
- NEW! Canada Maritimes: July 4-6
- USA Colorado: July 11-13
- Ireland: July 18-20
- Canada West: Aug 21-24
- USA North Carolina: Sept. 4-7
- France Mini: Sep 5-7
- Canada Ontario: Sept. 11-14
- NEW! UK - Haggs Bank: Sept. 19-21
- USA California: Sept. 25-28
- Aus Queensland: Oct 3-6
- Aus Perth: Oct 10-12
- Aus VIC: Oct 24-26
- NEW! Aus NSW: Oct 31-Nov 2
- NEW! South Africa: Nov 13-16