This blog is being put together for a few reasons: to show our family and friends where we went on an amazing trip, for other travellers to use as a resource, and for us to look back over to avoid any future mistakes.
Posted by Richard Tibbetts at May 01, 2010 05:31 PM GMT
While preparing for this trip we wanted to keep our constraints to a minimum. The constraints we did have were:
- time - we both had only two weeks off work
- money - we couldn't break the bank
- Austria - we wanted to visit my step-brother and his partner at their chalet
- Poland - we have very good friends that are Polish, and have heard many good things about the country
Outside of these we could go pretty much anywhere we wanted, for as long as we wanted. The only two things we booked in advance were the leave from work, and the ferry crossings (paid for with Tesco clubcard vouchers - highly recommended).
We formulated a rough plan for a route, knowing full well this could change, and this was (in order):
Netherlands, Germany, Czech Republic, Poland, Slovakia, Hungary, Austria, Liechtenstein, Switzerland, France, Luxembourg, Belgium, and back to Netherlands.
In the end we also passed through Slovenia, albeit not for long.
So, in this blog you'll find:
- Suzanne's diary entries which were written as we rode around Europe
- Some of the photos taken
- a link to all of the photos we took (well, the better ones anyway)
- data from the trip (costs, distances, petrol, equipment, paperwork)
If there is something specific you want to know then get in touch and we'll do our best to include that as well.