Well, there's clearly more to this photography lark than we thought, but we're starting to get the hang of Adrian's digital camera after some disappointing initial results.
Regardless, we thought we'd post a few snaps for your obvious pleasure and delight.
Not sure when we'll post next as the availability of internet cafes in the east ot turkey may become sparse, so until the next instalment...
Adrian demonstrating this year's vagrant Bedouin look in Transylvania
Sean hamming it up as per usual at Vlad's pad in Transylvania
Have I gone deaf, or have the intercoms packed up again?
Adrian's natural beauty overshadows the world famous Blue Mosque in Istanbul
Cappadocia is beautiful, this just can't do it justice
Adrian at the dooway of an Iconoclastic church and discovers a quotation for repairs from P.Cotes building
Well, what's gone wrong so far, not much actually...
1. Broken wire/connection on Adrian's intercom - still not fixed properly
2. Oil mist collecting in air boxes leaking out of carb inlets after prolonged high-speed running- they all do this sir
3. One fuse blown in torrential rain - replaced
4. Burned hole in arm of Aerostich jacket with exhaust pipe - patched using sleeping mat repair kit
5. Adrian's centre stand leaning increasingly to starboard
6. One temporary misfire attributed to dodgy fuel.
7. One watch strap broken and consequently one watch gone AWOL.
8. One of a pair of twin horns fried after too much use in Ankarra
We've had a couple of requests for details of our route so far, so here is the latest list of major and minor towns along the way (spellings are, as always, negotiable) ....
Saigon (failed to get in!)
Next HU Events
- NEW! Canada Maritimes: July 4-6
- USA Colorado: July 11-13
- Ireland: July 18-20
- Canada West: Aug 21-24
- USA North Carolina: Sept. 4-7
- France Mini: Sep 5-7
- Canada Ontario: Sept. 11-14
- NEW! UK - Haggs Bank: Sept. 19-21
- USA California: Sept. 25-28
- Aus Queensland: Oct 3-6
- Aus Perth: Oct 10-12
- Aus VIC: Oct 24-26
- NEW! Aus NSW: Oct 31-Nov 2
- NEW! South Africa: Nov 13-16
- NEW! HUMM Morocco: May 13-16, 2015
Which bike, how to prepare it, what else to take, how to pack it all in! 6 hours!
"It's another great job, informative and entertaining."
"It's really professional and full of useful information, a must for any traveler."
Check it out at the HU Store! Remember to use Coupon Code 'GEARUP' on your order when you checkout.
What others say about HU...
"I just wanted to say thanks for doing this and sharing so much with the rest of us." Dave, USA
"...Great site. Keep up the good work." Murray and Carmen, Australia
Check out the new Gildan Performance cotton-feel t-shirt - 100% poly, feels like soft cotton!
What turns you on to motorcycle travel?
New to Horizons Unlimited?
Membership - help keep us going!
Books & DVDs
Insurance - see: For foreigners traveling in US and Canada and for Americans and Canadians traveling in other countries, then mail it to MC Express and get your HU $15 discount!
Story and photos copyright © All Rights Reserved.
Contact the author:
Editors note: We accept no responsibility for any of the above information in any way whatsoever. You are reminded to do your own research. Any commentary is strictly a personal opinion of the person supplying the information and is not to be construed as an endorsement of any kind.
Hosted by: Horizons
Unlimited, the motorcycle travellers' website!
You can have your story here too - click for details!