2006 xt600e Engine noise at idle (with sample)
I have a feeling I might be being a little paranoid but I have a 'clunking' coming from my engine. The location really eludes me even after using a screwdriver stethoscope. There are no other symptoms other than this noise which is most noticeable at idle.
- Serviced 2 days ago with MOT
- Only 9000 miles
- Had been garaged for 9months prior to service
- Idle is set at about 1500
- 'Clunking' at idle.
- Clunking doesn't disappear when engine is under strain.
- Noise may be there at higher rpm but not as clear (if at all).
I know they are naturally noisy engines anyway so I am probably being overly paranoid, I just haven't noticed it as badly as this before.
My thoughts are either a loose cam-chain or the bike is struggling to idle and fuel/air ration needs adjusting. If you could have a listen to the mp3 I have uploaded I would appreciate it, the bike has been warmed up. You can the the noise best at around 1min 5 seconds.
zSHARE - ZOOM0004.MP3
I would rather have people laugh at me for me for being paranoid than have something go wrong!
Thanks in advance,