Horizons Unlimited - The HUBB

Horizons Unlimited - The HUBB (http://www.horizonsunlimited.com/hubb/)
-   Website Feedback (http://www.horizonsunlimited.com/hubb/website-feedback/)
-   -   Fabulous! (http://www.horizonsunlimited.com/hubb/website-feedback/fabulous-20974)

Ekke 9 Apr 2006 21:39

Fabulous!
 
I just wanted to congratulate you both on a job well done. The new HUBB looks terrific! :thumbup:

I know it has been a struggle to get to this point but it certainly seems worth it in the last few minutes that I've been on.

Wheelie 9 Apr 2006 22:01

I'm testing out the new functionality, and I am very pleased. Also, the new look is far better on the eyes!

If I could make one wish, it would be that the in the Threads in Forum view, that one could see a short preview text of the first post of each thread. Still, no biggie.

I am a little worried that all these text and color options may be obused.
:hang:

You are doing a great job, thanks a million.

I can't wait to see the rest...

Mick O'Malley 10 Apr 2006 08:06

Quote:

Originally Posted by Wheelie
Also, the new look is far better on the eyes!

Mine are hurting after only five minutes; way too harsh! Could we not have the old colour scheme as a user option please Grant? I know at least one other site that supports this.

Great to see travel bike details in the profile, get amending everyone, I want to see what you're riding!

Thanks for all your efforts on our behalf.

Regards, Mick

Mick O'Malley 10 Apr 2006 08:11

p.s.

It's not letting me edit. I just wanted too add how amused I was that I last visited the site on 1st Jan. 1970!!!!!!!!! Computers consisted of a box of cards and a knitting needle then, if I remember correctly?

Regards, Mick

XRM 10 Apr 2006 11:53

Like the layout & options

cozcan 10 Apr 2006 13:37

It was enough to see that sahara looking horizon. It is much more brighter and we all will be accustomed to this new terrain in front of us.

Congratulations to you all from someone who knows what hell of a job this is.

By the way, I saw a corner when I entered to the site a few minutes ago which made me laugh: Welcome, cozcan.
You last visited: 31st December 1969 at 23:00

See you in here from now on

Grant Johnson 10 Apr 2006 17:38

Quote:

Originally Posted by Squidbrain
Mine are hurting after only five minutes; way too harsh! Could we not have the old colour scheme as a user option please Grant? I know at least one other site that supports this.

Great to see travel bike details in the profile, get amending everyone, I want to see what you're riding!

Thanks for all your efforts on our behalf.

Regards, Mick

You're welcome Mick! Will be adding a few more fields too.

Coming.... :)


What sort of look would you like? Old background, with yellow and cream alternating colours as of old, with new menu and header? OR??

All suggestions listened to!

Grant Johnson 10 Apr 2006 17:42

Quote:

Originally Posted by cozcan
It was enough to see that sahara looking horizon. It is much more brighter and we all will be accustomed to this new terrain in front of us.

Congratulations to you all from someone who knows what hell of a job this is.

By the way, I saw a corner when I entered to the site a few minutes ago which made me laugh: Welcome, cozcan.
You last visited: 31st December 1969 at 23:00

See you in here from now on

Thanks cozcan! - you're right, it was a hell of a job. Almost every template is modified, a dozen hacks, 10 plugins plus, and lots more to come, plus massive css design work. And we're a long way from finished. PArt of the hard work is preparing vb to work with a CMS. In progress...

Grant Johnson 10 Apr 2006 17:48

Quote:

Originally Posted by Squidbrain
p.s.

It's not letting me edit. I just wanted too add how amused I was that I last visited the site on 1st Jan. 1970!!!!!!!!! Computers consisted of a box of cards and a knitting needle then, if I remember correctly?

Regards, Mick

Odd - you SHOULD be able to edit your own posts no problem. Please let me eknow if it's ok now or still a problem.

As for last visited date - yeah, thought we'd give you all a laugh! :)

(The old HUBB didn't record that, so the new HUBB has no idea! and that's the oldest date in it's tiny mind...)

Mike 10 Apr 2006 17:51

Just adding Congratulations and Thanks to Grant and Susan for the new look. Lots of work from you, as ever -- it's appreciated.

--Mike

simmo 10 Apr 2006 17:53

Bugger me! Its all a bit bright for 3.00am.....the sandy tones gone forever. Not sure I like it yet, but will get used to it soon enough no doubt. Hope you've been having fun Grant and Susan. Whoops Nappy is calling!

Stephano 10 Apr 2006 19:46

Quote:

Originally Posted by simmo
Bugger me! Its all a bit bright for 3.00am.....the sandy tones gone forever.

It's a bit bright for me too. Could the white be magnolia instead? I think it's in this year.
Stephan

Bill Holland 10 Apr 2006 20:18

Nice work Grant.
It is rather bright, so I just turned the brightness down on my monitor to a nice neutral grey (or should that be gray?)

Del Boy 10 Apr 2006 20:45

Brilliant!!!!!
 
Congrats on the new look guys! Absolutely great. And No it's not too bright.I think perhaps others are viewing it after a few bevvies down the pub!! Seriously though:Well Done!
Cheers Derek.

Stephano 10 Apr 2006 21:03

Quote:

Originally Posted by Del Boy
bevvies down the pub!!

This is Sharjah, Delboy, not Peckham! :arabia::shuriken:


All times are GMT +1. The time now is 12:51.


vB.Sponsors