Los Angeles - Korea - Russia - England
Hello! I have an earlier thread in here about Russia, but I have come to read that I think it is better to ship to Korea and then take the ferry to Russia. I will be flying from Europe and the one-way rates to Korea and much less than Russia...looks like this is the best option!
If anyone else is into this, I have found that the shipping (sea) is about 740USD as it is delivered, crated, to the Los Angeles agent. I am certain this would change with size, weight, etc...but this is rough estimate. It is about 1700USD for airfreight.
I have a few questions I hope to get some help with.
1. Do I need a carnet in Korea?
2. How difficult is customs in Korea if everything is in order? I am working to get a local (friend of a friend) to help me in Korea.
3. What is a the schedule of the ferry to Russia and where does it depart in Korea and arrive in Russia.
4. What is the cost of the ferry + bike + somewhere to sleep?
5. What will it be like getting the bike on the road in Russia.
Once I am on the road in Russia, I will be much less anxious! I plan to arrive in Korea approximately mid-July if anyone is interested in a riding partner.
Thank you in advance,