Los Angeles - Korea - Russia - England
Hello! I have an earlier thread in here about Russia, but I have come to read that I think it is better to ship to Korea and then take the ferry to Russia. I will be flying from Europe and the one-way rates to Korea and much less than Russia...looks like this is the best option!
If anyone else is into this, I have found that the shipping (sea) is about 740USD as it is delivered, crated, to the Los Angeles agent. I am certain this would change with size, weight, etc...but this is rough estimate. It is about 1700USD for airfreight.
I have a few questions I hope to get some help with.
1. Do I need a carnet in Korea?
2. How difficult is customs in Korea if everything is in order? I am working to get a local (friend of a friend) to help me in Korea.
3. What is a the schedule of the ferry to Russia and where does it depart in Korea and arrive in Russia.
4. What is the cost of the ferry + bike + somewhere to sleep?
5. What will it be like getting the bike on the road in Russia.
Once I am on the road in Russia, I will be much less anxious! I plan to arrive in Korea approximately mid-July if anyone is interested in a riding partner.
Thank you in advance,
2. Not difficult - took me less than 2 hours to clear customs in Busan. You will need to pay local port charges and buy Korean road insurane for the time you are there.
3. Departs Sokcho twice weekly - overnight journey to Zarubino ~ 200kms from Vladivostok
4. Around $200 for you and $250 for bike - your fare includes open sleeping on tatami mats/bunks - it's very safe and secure. Koreans, like Japanese, are the most honest people in the world.
5. Easy - takes around 3 hours, but the local shipping company representative will demand you grease his palm.
Enjoy your journey. You can read here for my experiences. Across the universe
Garry from Oz.
Garry from Oz - powered by Burgman
|Currently Active Users Viewing This Thread: 1 (0 Registered Users and/or Members and 1 guests)|
|Thread||Thread Starter||Forum||Replies||Last Post|
|Vladivostok (Russia) to Sokcho (S. Korea) current rates||mototrek||Trip Transport||6||26 May 2010 03:49|
|Thailand - Korea - Russia - Mongolia - Europe||mnarozny||Travellers Seeking Travellers||7||1 May 2009 03:19|
|Any One in Busan, Korea to Russia route||arunp||Northern Asia||1||5 May 2008 13:33|
|Korea to Russia||Brett Dean||Northern Asia||1||9 Jun 2006 03:52|
|Korea to Russia||Brett Dean||Northern Asia||0||30 May 2006 13:49|