Horizons Unlimited - The HUBB

Horizons Unlimited - The HUBB (http://www.horizonsunlimited.com/hubb/)
-   Trip Transport (http://www.horizonsunlimited.com/hubb/trip-transport/)
-   -   Insuring Bike in Ireland with U.S. License (http://www.horizonsunlimited.com/hubb/trip-transport/insuring-bike-ireland-u-s-58211)

The Resident 14 Jul 2011 21:00

Insuring Bike in Ireland with U.S. License
Hi There,

I'd like some information on getting motorbike insurance in Ireland.

I'm originally from Ireland and currently living in New York. I was thinking of buying a motorbike in Ireland for use in the summer (cheaper than shipping!)

I have a full car and motorbike license issued in New York. Would it be possible to insure a bike in Ireland with the U.S. license or would I need an Irish license?


Huan 23 Jul 2011 02:55

You will find it almost impossible to insure a bike here with a foreign license.
There are 4 companies that do insurance, Aon, Adelaide, Carol Nash and Quinn.
Ring them and see what the story is, however I think you might be better off getting an Irish License.

The Resident 28 Oct 2011 23:15

Thanks for the advise. You're right, it's impossible to get insurance without an Irish license!

Ugh, the written test and the driving test, two separate trips...

All times are GMT +1. The time now is 07:11.