Horizons Unlimited - The HUBB

Horizons Unlimited - The HUBB (http://www.horizonsunlimited.com/hubb/)
-   Trip Transport (http://www.horizonsunlimited.com/hubb/trip-transport/)
-   -   anyone willing to combine shipping europe - argentina? (http://www.horizonsunlimited.com/hubb/trip-transport/anyone-willing-combine-shipping-europe-2932)

dpallis 7 Oct 2004 19:49

anyone willing to combine shipping europe - argentina?
 
Hi all,
I found company that can ship container, dimensions:

6.06 length
2.44 wide
2.59 height

total cost to ship it is
1000 us$ shipping expenses plus
150 euros agent fees

We are allowed to put inside as many bikes as it can fit.

I was wondering if anyone is willing to ship together to save money; Eg. if we ship 5 bikes cost comes down to about 200euros per bike.

itinerary is Athens - Buenos Aires (also stops in Brazil and Uraguyay)

ask me for more info

Dalbir 6 Nov 2004 06:14

Hi Dpallis,
When are you looking at shipping? Any dates??

Cheers
Dalbir

Quote:

Originally posted by dpallis:
Hi all,
I found company that can ship container, dimensions:

6.06 length
2.44 wide
2.59 height

total cost to ship it is
1000 us$ shipping expenses plus
150 euros agent fees

We are allowed to put inside as many bikes as it can fit.

I was wondering if anyone is willing to ship together to save money; Eg. if we ship 5 bikes cost comes down to about 200euros per bike.

itinerary is Athens - Buenos Aires (also stops in Brazil and Uraguyay)

ask me for more info


dpallis 7 Nov 2004 20:58

Anytime we can gather 2-3 people to share and lower the cost; At a minimum start date could be a month from now, i.e. Dec 15

Dalbir 12 Nov 2004 15:44

Quote:

Originally posted by dpallis:
Anytime we can gather 2-3 people to share and lower the cost; At a minimum start date could be a month from now, i.e. Dec 15
Hi again,
Do u have a carnet for your bike? Im interested but i dont have a carnet, and wont be getting one, so i dont really know if Argentina is good for that. Anyways, im still interested, if Carnet is not required, and hopefully we can find a few more people. I will ask around in Spain too, for quotes.
I had spoken to Rainer (who has a post) and he has had few trips to Chile and they are more or less Carnet Free. Argentina seems to have varied responses.
Im flexible with dates and just trying to find a cheap option.

Cheers
Dalbir

alois 28 Jan 2005 03:54

Do u have a carnet for your bike? Im interested but i dont have a carnet, and wont be getting one, so i dont really know if Argentina is good for that.
Cheers
Dalbir[/B][/QUOTE]
Argentina should not be a problem for the carnet, but the cost of clearing the bike in B.A. is much higher for sea freight than for air freight. Have a look under "Shipment by travellers".
I am planning to go too, but only in Nov. 2005.
Alois



------------------
Alois

herbertroelandt 28 Jan 2005 04:52

I am planning to go to SA too, I would like to start my trip around 10 Oktober 2005.
I think about airfreight the bike to Santiago.

S57CQ 9 Feb 2005 13:58

Hello

I am planning to go SA from Europe in December 2005 - Interested in sharing space of container


alois 11 Feb 2005 22:38

Quote:

Originally posted by S57CQ:
Hello
I am planning to go SA from Europe in December 2005 - Interested in sharing space of container

I think sea freight is a good alternative, I have an offer for 625 EUR, including pick-up of the bike at my home (not including the crate). Shipping time about 6 weeks. As I heard the clearing at Valparaiso should be quite easy, and nearly no extra cost.


------------------
Alois

dpallis 8 Jun 2005 06:51

ok let's do a re-count:
How many people would like to leave around October 2005?

nikb 17 Jul 2005 21:43

Just read your tread very interested as I'm in sctland and planning to get to Buenios Aires around beginning of October - si there any room?

Nik

herbertroelandt 19 Jul 2005 06:30

I plan to be in Buenos Aires on 5 october.
I think I will ship my bike by container from Antwerp. They have 2 direct sailings every week.Transit time is 18 days.
Cost of shipment and local fees is estimated to be 505 EURO.


All times are GMT +1. The time now is 20:59.


vB.Sponsors