Horizons Unlimited - The HUBB

Horizons Unlimited - The HUBB (http://www.horizonsunlimited.com/hubb/)
-   Trip Paperwork (http://www.horizonsunlimited.com/hubb/trip-paperwork/)
-   -   Is Vehicle Title Required for travel outside US? (http://www.horizonsunlimited.com/hubb/trip-paperwork/vehicle-title-required-travel-outside-34393)

vrsatile 8 Apr 2008 16:24

Is Vehicle Title Required for travel outside US?
Hi - I thought I saw a post somewhere stating that to travel outside the US, etc. one must have the vehicle's title - have it paid off. Is this correct? I just searched the forum and found nothing other than registration and insurance requirements. I'm specifically interested in North and South America and Europe.

Guyver1 8 Apr 2008 16:55

You might like to take a look at this link.


It answers your question very well inedeed.


MotoEdde 8 Apr 2008 17:33

Outside of the US or Europe, if you can produce a COLOR photocopy of your registration and title, and notarize it...you will be Golden!

Most of these countries have no clue what a vehicle title from the US looks like, let alone know that each state issues their own. BUT the facade of official documents makes your life easier!

I kept about 10 of these with me on my recent trip...and it made processing through customs less of a hassle.

And remember, these guys at the border more often than not are simply doing their jobs as per the rules of their country. The fact that a foreigner walking up to them not knowing the rules OR the language, makes it difficult to process your entry.

So show patience, smile and pat them on the back often, and the process will be less stressful.


vrsatile 8 Apr 2008 18:07

Okay this is good information
Thanks everyone for the responses - I'm good to go than.


All times are GMT +1. The time now is 06:33.