We are now waiting for our bikes to clear customs in New York so that we can continue our RTW. We have shipped by RoRo from Bremerhaven and the shipping agency told us tuatara oils get our bikes on 12th and as you can see, this didn't turn out that way.
The shipment was late so the boat came on 14th and got held up. First the bikes went through department of agriculture check yesterday but now we have to wait until Thursday for CET check (counterfeit enforcement team) so they will check that we aren't smuggling weapons, drugs, etc... And they do this check ONLY on Thursday's!!! Can't believe that, but it's like that.
After this on Friday we'll get a chance to go through customs and see what else there is nobody told us so far, or at least we didn't find that info.
I just hope that we finally get EPA exemption until then if they ask us at the customs for that or we'll have to wait a few days more since the weekend is coming.
Btw every time we asked our shipping company for any info, they didn't give us any. Acctualy they took a piece of CPD only for export stamping in Germany, and now we don't know what to do with that since everybody is saying that we don't need it for eu but here it is.... We did need it...
Btw2 our shipping agents didn't even send us Bill of lading until I spoke with them for at least half an hour and 5 to 10 emails stating that we should probably have it to pick our bikes.
In the end we aren now spending two weeks in New York that we didn't plan, and New York isn't a cheap place to be. And of course the weather is getting worse, and we probably missed a chance to group with some other bikers on our way through Mexico.
I'll probably repost this on another thread once we get through customs with the whole story...
Check our website: Earth on wheels - Earth on wheels