Insurance for Spaniard buying in UK moving to Spain
I am Spanish and have lived in the UK for quite a few years, a bit back and forth the past couple. Basically, I've lived here for the past year but did not register in the consulate as resident this time...oops.
I've never owned a bike. I plan to buy a motorbike in the UK and move back to Spain and maybe sell it there after a while. So far, reading the rest of the topics I've learned the following:
- you don't need a green card in EU countries for bikes registered in the UK
- you need to be a resident in the UK to register a bike
- you need to be a resident to insure a bike
- it's a hassle to sell a bike with French plates in Spain (I reckon the same is true for UK plates).
Having all this in mind I have a few questions:
- what kind of proof of residency do they ask for (to register a bike, and to insure it)?
- would the insurance cover me in France and Spain?
- once I live in Spain shall I just keep renewing the insurance policy year in, year out as long as I own the bike?
- I intend to buy quite an old bike any way: would it be worth selling it in Spain or would be better to get it back to the UK and sell it here? Or even better, sell it there to a UK resident http://www.horizonsunlimited.com/ubb/smile.gif
I hope I'm not asking something answered elsewhere. I didn't realise that matters are different depending on the rider's nationality and residency.
thanks very much
All these bureaucratic hassles are just not worth it. If you don't have a bike already and you are going to move just buy it in Spain.
Fair comment... actually, I wanted the bike to go to Spain, that was the point.
What about the situation in Gibraltar? Can I buy in UK and sell in Gibraltar?
I would think yes, but if you really want to know you should contact the authorities there. Should be only a phone call or three. You can also ask our friend Linda, who used to live and work down there: casalinda2002 at hotmail dot com.
But your target market is VERY small there! http://www.horizonsunlimited.com/ubb/wink.gif
|All times are GMT +1. The time now is 20:25.|