Horizons Unlimited - The HUBB

Horizons Unlimited - The HUBB (http://www.horizonsunlimited.com/hubb/)
-   Trip Paperwork (http://www.horizonsunlimited.com/hubb/trip-paperwork/)
-   -   Insurance needed -Irish bike owned by US citizen (http://www.horizonsunlimited.com/hubb/trip-paperwork/insurance-needed-irish-bike-owned-63957)

MM17 27 Apr 2012 01:08

Insurance needed -Irish bike owned by US citizen
I recently bought a bike in Ireland. The title address is one I used in Ireland when I bought the bike. I have a California driving license with motorcycle endorsement. Now how do I get this bike insured so I can ride it in Ireland and the rest of the EU? Insurance sources for liability coverage - that's what I need. Many insurers I have emailed have required a driving license from an EU country. I plan to leave the bike there for touring Europe.

bushman_uk 27 Apr 2012 08:59

You could try any other EU member state as this would give you third party cover in all EU memeber states, although they could be time limited 60, 90 days for example .

Just done a quick google and came up with this not sure if it will help but worth a go Non UK Driving Licence(EU/Foreign/International Licence) Car Insurance


MM17 30 Apr 2012 03:18

Insurance? Where?
Thanks. Here's the problem in a nutshell:
1. Bike is registered to me in Ireland at an Irish address, where it is stored when I am not riding it.
2. I have a California driving license and an International Driving Permit, but not an EU license.
3. EU countries and EU insurers want me to have an EU license which is difficult to get in a limited amount of time.

Maybe I should re-register the bike in California, insure it here in California and get Green Card inusrance for it when I ride it in the EU. Problems: this Honda is not sold in the US, so the California authorities want to inspect the bike.

60-90 days of coverage at a time or per year is fine. The rest of the time the bike is in storage.

All times are GMT +1. The time now is 11:24.