I entered Brazil some 10weeks ago and have maybe 3weeks left on my 90day visa. The bike was sold and then the guy dropped out and its cost me like 10weeks....arrrggggh - people eh?
Well, the bike is a Honda XR650L and registered in the US, l am a British citizen and living in London but the bike is in storage in Sao Paulo....
Can anyone offer advice how l can sell this bike without me being in Brazil....and getting the legal docs so the new owner can ride across the border without my company?
1) Get 90day visa extension with Brazilian Agency in London
2) Confirm best way to sell bike to none-US citizen and appropriate docs for them to drive back across the border...
3) Sell the bike to International traveller
4) Bike set-up in new name, title from USA and new number plate
5) Bike rides across to Uruguay or Paraguay
6A) London Embassy provide docs to allow bike out of country for new owner
6B) Worst-case, biker plays dumb and rides to border and with all new docs and title and claims the bike visa has been lost?
Obviously option B is risky - but l think if an international guy, non Brazilian is heading across the border with the licence plate, title that matches his/her passport and drivers licence - l cant see a problem.......after-all the bike is leaving the country and its a non Brazilian resident on the bike.......
Any thoughts would be seriously appreciated to my email....