Horizons Unlimited - The HUBB

Horizons Unlimited - The HUBB (http://www.horizonsunlimited.com/hubb/)
-   Trip Paperwork (http://www.horizonsunlimited.com/hubb/trip-paperwork/)
-   -   Does ADAC no longer issue green card insurance for foreign v (http://www.horizonsunlimited.com/hubb/trip-paperwork/does-adac-no-longer-issue-3568)

Susan Johnson 19 May 2002 00:07

Does ADAC no longer issue green card insurance for foreign v
To our German speaking friends:

I note we still don't have the definitive word on this question. http://www.horizonsunlimited.com/ubb...ML/000186.html

It seems that with Mirjam Grundler's departure from ADAC, either some rules have been changed or there is some confusion on the above topic. http://www.horizonsunlimited.com/ubb/confused.gif

Can someone who speaks German check again with Jens Messerschmidt, the new guy at ADAC, to clarify whether they will issue green card insurance for foreign registered vehicles. If yes, whether they will do it by post or if you really have to show up in person at an ADAC office, which means you can't arrange it in advance. http://www.horizonsunlimited.com/ubb/frown.gif

Please help with this as soon as you can, there are traveller waiting for the answer.

Thanks much.

Susan Johnson

"It matters not what goal you seek
Its secret here reposes:
You've got to dig from week to week
To get Results or Roses."
Edgar Guest

'One world, two wheels'

mark vandermeer 21 May 2002 16:13

Hi All in wonder, I just called Jens Messerschmidt at ADAC and got he following info.. A foreign registered bike eg.UK, can get ADAC greencard insurance if/when.. the bike is in Germany physically, the Reg papers for the bike and the id card or passport of the Reg holder is brought 'by someone personally' to the ADAC office. Someone other than the Reg holder can bring in this paper work, but it has to be the originals. So it cannot be done by post, at all. Also important to note is that the greencard is only valid for the EU, Norway and Switzerland. So no eastern countries included. I find that rather strange, I wonder how you're suppose to prove that the bike is really in Germany, take them to the car park?? Still I hope this helps... Any other Q's, don't hesitate to ask..

twowheelwandering 22 May 2002 07:57

I just had Stefan from Knopftours organise mine. He only needed copies of documents, not originals. No problems, done the same day I contacted him.


twowheelwandering 22 May 2002 07:59

Oops - hit that big enter button too soon.

Knopftours web address


[This message has been edited by Susan (edited 23 May 2002).]

Ekke 23 May 2002 10:53

We are shipping our bikes (via Air Canada Cargo) from Calgary to Frankfurt and had the same question regarding the Green Card insurance. We are staying in Europe/North Africa for a year so wanted to purchase the insurance for the whole year. Here is the reply I received from the ADAC office in Frankfurt after being told that it was no longer possible to have it done by post:

Dear Mr. Kok,

it is possible for you, to buy an insurance for your Motorcycles in
Frankfurt at the ADAC Office in Lyoner Str. 22, Frankfurt-Niederrad or in
Frankfurt-West, Wiesbadener Straße. You have to pay 22 Euro for one Month.

You need your Certificate of Ownership and your Drivers Lisence.

You can buy the insurance for 1 Month till 3 Months. After this time you
have to pay tax in Germany for your Motorcycles.

Best Regards

ADAC Frankfurt

Marina Deutscher
ADAC - Hessen-Thüringen e. V.
> Lyonerstr. 22
> 60528 Frankfurt
> Tel: 0049 - (0)69 - 66 07 - 7139
> Fax: 0049 - (0)69 - 66 07 - 7199


All times are GMT +1. The time now is 22:39.