Horizons Unlimited - The HUBB

Horizons Unlimited - The HUBB (http://www.horizonsunlimited.com/hubb/)
-   Trip Paperwork (http://www.horizonsunlimited.com/hubb/trip-paperwork/)
-   -   Carnet de passage for an Indian bike (http://www.horizonsunlimited.com/hubb/trip-paperwork/carnet-de-passage-indian-bike-66833)

Mibbsy 17 Oct 2012 19:27

Carnet de passage for an Indian bike

I've read it in various places, but I just wanted to double check, that it is not possible to get a carnet de passage for a bike registered in India? All the paperwork on the bike is legit and it's registered in my name as I have a residency permit.

I've been in India for a few years now and this enfield has been a part of that experience. My contract finishes next year and I want to drive it back to the UK, the usual dream :mchappy:!

Any help is appreciated.

olliesplanet 31 Oct 2012 22:59


I dont see why you couldnt get a carnet. They are available in most countries not just for people wanting to take their bikes/cars from the UK/USA abroad. I recently got a carnet for a Namibian car so that it could travel internationally. I dont see why India would be different. Try ringing these people. WIAA-Western India Automobile Association - Automobiles, Road safety, traffic safety & motoring

I am sure they will know. It is the AA that look after the carnets in most countries.

All times are GMT +1. The time now is 01:09.