Cape Town to Nairobi on a small budget, small bikes and little prep time!
Link to my member intro:
And a link to my trip:
If you could lend any advice, suggestions on what else I might need, don't need, anything...I would REALLY appreciate it. Also, I apologize in advance for the briefness of my posts as i am backpacking and couchsurfing in Cape Town (orig from California) to save $ for this trip and Internet Cafes are the only method for going online as of now.
1. California/USA motorcycle license in paper form only, no picture (original was lost and could not be replaced unless i go in-person to a California motoring office)
2. expired USA drivers license
3. Liberian drivers license (auto only)
4. yellow-fever/immunizations WHO card
5. non-expired American passport
6. medical insurance
7. Peace Corps Liberia Volunteer ID card
8. Passport photos
Documents (don’t have, trying to obtain):
1. Trying to obtain an international driving permit (IDP) for my USA motorcycle license
2. Trying to obtain an international driving permit (IDP) for my Liberian auto license (will this even help me at border crossings/checkpoints?)
3. Carnet (as an American citizen but buying the bike here in SA, how do I obtain a Carnet?)
4. Need motorcycle insurance?
5. Visas and entry requirements research still needs to be done for an American entering: Botswana, Zambia or Zimbabwe, maybe Malawi?, Tanzania, Kenya (own research will be done yet still, can anyone shed any light/recent info on this?)
6. Photocopies of everything
7. (Am i missing anything else crucially important?)
Thank you HU and cheers,