Horizons Unlimited - The HUBB

Horizons Unlimited - The HUBB (http://www.horizonsunlimited.com/hubb/)
-   Trip Paperwork (http://www.horizonsunlimited.com/hubb/trip-paperwork/)
-   -   3rd Party insurance for Africa (http://www.horizonsunlimited.com/hubb/trip-paperwork/3rd-party-insurance-for-africa-29633)

Dingo 1 Oct 2007 02:49

3rd Party insurance for Africa
Does anyone know what is required for 3rd party insurance for the east of Africa? My bike is in Djibouti and so far I have not had to purchase any but have heard that there is an insurance that can be bought that will cover most of the continent?

Any help would be apprieciated.


mark manley 3 Oct 2007 09:32

third party for Africa
I have this insurance, it is called a comesa or yellow card, a bit like a green card for europe. I took mine out in Zambia, you take out local insurance and they then extend it to cover other countries. Mine covers me for Zambia, Malawi, Tanzania, Kenya, Ethiopia and egypt. It cost about $60 for three months, if it is worth the paper it is written on I know not, but it satisfies police, customs etc.
Mark Manley

Dingo 4 Oct 2007 10:46

3rd party
Thanks for the info Mark. I am working in Tanzania so will try and get it here before I go back to Djibouti.


All times are GMT +1. The time now is 19:10.