I am a guy from Spain starting a RTW in May. I ride an R1200GS.
I plan to leave the 5th of May from Madrid. Here is the route (maybe you can't read Spanish, but you can see the map in that link):
La Ruta | MrHicks46
(click on the map to see it bigger)
The route and timing would be (simplified):
- Mid May to August: Central Asia and Siberia.
- September: Canada, Vancouver to Calgary, Rocky Mountains.
- October and November: USA mid-west.
- December and January: Mexico and Central America.
- February and March: Colombia, Ecuador and Peru.
- April and May: Bolivia, maybe Chile and the north of Argentina.
- Once in Argentina, depending on time spent, budget and my mood I will decide about going to Africa or going straight back home.
I think I will be entering Kazakhstan end of May - beginning of June, then Uzbekistan and Kyrgyzstan during June - beginning of July. Then back into Kazakhstan, and back into Russia.
I plan to obtain my visa for Mongolia in Russia and enter Mongolia at some point during July and stay there for 10-13 days.
Then back to Russia and maybe RoB during August.
Hope to see some people in the same route