Ok chaps, I know this is Al's baby but I would like to suggest a route to get things moving:
- UK - Denmark (overnight ferry)
- Denmark to Hamburg. - 4 hrs
- Hamburg to Poznan. - 8 hrs
- Poznan to Warsaw. - 9 hrs
- Warsaw to Minsk. - 9 hrs (3 hours of which is dicking around at the Belarussian border)
'Rest' period and 'sightseeing' 4 days.
I've done a very similar route and it's fantastic as well as cheap. Also, I've sussed out secure parking which is a must.
Return Journey as above but in reverse OR....Is there a ferry to get from Riga to Lubeck ?
Mid June would be a good time for me !
Let me have your thoughts.
Cheers - Boycey