Yes, my trip to Morocco is still going on!
I had made a route taking into account this questions:
- watch at least one stage of Dakar rally
- visit several beatiful cities and landscapes
- approach to the sahara dessert
- sleep in houses members of the Hospitality Club* if it's posible (see below)
- taking into account the GPS tracks (for example: www.voyages4x4.com)
- leave the coast for another trip
So the provisional plan is:
30/12/04 - Vigo (NW Spain) - Coimbra (Portugal)
31/12/04 - Coimbra -Tarifa
(from this, mixing road and off road)
01/01/05 - Tarifa-Tanger-Fes
02 - Fes-Beni Mellal
03 - Beni Mellal - Tazzakht
04 - Tazzakht - Merzouga
05 - Merzouga - Zagora
06 - Zagora - Tazenakht
07 - Tazenakht - Marrakech
08 - Marrakech - Meknes
09 - Meknes - Beja (Spain)
10/01/05 Beja - Vigo (only on tarmac)
Definite route details of the Dakar rally will be presented on the 17th of november, so the first days of the trip in morocco can change.
Anyway, my route is only provisional. I will listen another coments and, on route, any unexpected situation will change my way...
Tell me your opinion and plan!
*Hospitality Club (strongly recommended):
Free accommodation around the world between travelers. More info http://www.hospitalityclub.org/