Horizons Unlimited - The HUBB

Horizons Unlimited - The HUBB (http://www.horizonsunlimited.com/hubb/)
-   Travellers Seeking Travellers (http://www.horizonsunlimited.com/hubb/travellers-seeking-travellers/)
-   -   anyone in Kazachstan? (http://www.horizonsunlimited.com/hubb/travellers-seeking-travellers/anyone-in-kazachstan-57335)

Heidi and Bernd 26 May 2011 11:13

anyone in Kazachstan?
 
Hi,

we are now in Astrakhan, Russia. Tomorrow we cross the Border to Kazach and heading south to the Aral Lake and Usbekistan.

Hope to go in Usbekistan on 1. of June, than following the Silkroad.

Lock for two KTM 640 on the Road!

cheers,

Heidi and Bernd

T.REX63 26 May 2011 11:18

Quote:

Originally Posted by Heidi and Bernd (Post 336806)
Hi,

we are now in Astrakhan, Russia. Tomorrow we cross the Border to Kazach and heading south to the Aral Lake and Usbekistan.

Hope to go in Usbekistan on 1. of June, than following the Silkroad.

Lock for two KTM 640 on the Road!

cheers,

Heidi and Bernd

If you would please, report back about border crossing idiosyncrasies that you experience.

Thank you and have a safe journey,

Knight of the Holy Graal 27 May 2011 15:45

Quote:

Originally Posted by T.REX63 (Post 336810)
If you would please, report back about border crossing idiosyncrasies that you experience.


I echo this request.
I'll cross just that border point (Astrakhan - Atyrau) on July 1st and I'll be glad to read your experience as concerns the timing it took, if there's some hassles to be warned of...

Thanks, guys, have a perfect trip!

srace7 28 May 2011 18:24

I crossed that border 3 weeks ago... couldn't have been simpler...

Russian customs easy, and Kazakh very friendly...

All done in 2 hours

Zimi 26 Jun 2011 15:33

I'm entering Kaz on the 4th pf july from Barnaul in Russia. Going south to Kyrgystan, is somebody around at that time?

I'm on a old paris dakar R100GS

Cheers
David
zimiontheloose.ch | Rock'n'roll Motorcycle Adventure!

Les K 27 Jun 2011 02:35

A couple of weeks behind
 
I'm in Ulan Baatar at the moment, expect to be crossing into Kazakhstan from Bernaul by 17th JULY. Seems that I'm a couple of weeks behind your schedule. Bear it in mind, I'll be around the 'stans until end of Aug.

Les K

Zimi 29 Jun 2011 04:49

Hi Les!

Ok my visa for kaz expire on the 2nd of september, I'm entering in Barnaul, around 4-6 july then go to Kyrg, Tadj, Uz and back to Kaz to exit in Russia and then Ukraine...

Keep in touch, at one point you might overtake me if you have less time
Have a safe way

atari 30 Jun 2011 13:56

We're in Almati now. Heading north to Barnaul. We will exit Kaz before 7th... We'll make route through Semey... 2 Super Ténéré's, yeah, the old ones :-)

Zimi 1 Jul 2011 12:30

ok we might see us, I will enter on the 4-5, I'm on a black and green old BMW R100GS

Cheers
If you have some recommandation for accomodation in Kaz, I'm interested.

Heidi and Bernd 5 Jul 2011 07:46

hi,

we are now also in alamty, get our visa for mongolia in this afternoon. than we heading north to russia, barnaul.

maybe see you later in mongolia?

bernd

atari 5 Jul 2011 11:17

Quote:

Originally Posted by Heidi and Bernd (Post 341467)
we are now also in alamty, get our visa for mongolia in this afternoon. than we heading north to russia, barnaul.

maybe see you later in mongolia?

yeah, why not :-)

don't listen to the people when driving from kalbagau to semey. They recommend to go over ust-kamenogosk. But thats 300km, direct is 150km. You can do the 150km in 3 hours. With the bikes you can go through but for a car/jeep it'd take more time.

We will go through Russia not Ögli because of the petrol problems in Mongolia...

Heidi and Bernd 12 Jul 2011 18:17

hi guys!



Quote:

Originally Posted by atari (Post 341486)
We will go through Russia not Ögli because of the petrol problems in Mongolia...

we are now on the same way, we dont go from the west in to mongolia. we are now in krasnojarsk, heading in two days to lake baikal.

see you on the road!

cheers bernd


All times are GMT +1. The time now is 11:29.


vB.Sponsors