Go Back   Horizons Unlimited - The HUBB > Planning, Trip > Travellers Seeking Travellers

Travellers Seeking Travellers Meet up with other travellers on the road, or find someone to travel with to the ends of the earth!
Contact Overland Solutions for all your custom modifications and setup for overland travel.

Like Tree1Likes

Reply
 
LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
  #1  
Old 15 Nov 2012
coolblackbird's Avatar
Gold Member
HUBB regular
 
Join Date: May 2011
Location: harlow
Posts: 93
3 weeks around europe

hi everyone (NO TRIP NOW WORK GETTING IN THE WAY SICK AS)
going on a little trip sep 3 to 23 sep 2013 around europe.
london ace cafe
paris
pyrenees
barcelona
then back up south of france
into italy
rome
up the center to venice
switzerland
then back to london
I am camping for most of the trip.
I need help with some bike friendly camping and hotels along the way and if anyone is going the same way if you want to join up part way i will always have wine and and have some chill out times at the camp all
http://www.plushostels.com/pluscampingroma
http://www.sevenhills.it/?lang=en
happy

https://maps.google.co.uk/maps/ms?ms...a9f79cfe8e7aba

Last edited by coolblackbird; 20 May 2013 at 10:15.
Reply With Quote
  #2  
Old 15 Nov 2012
Registered Users
New on the HUBB
 
Join Date: Apr 2012
Location: Leicestershire/Warwickshire border.
Posts: 15
Wish I could join you, been round all those places, in fact the N240/N260 through the Pyrenees is probably my favourite road.
Jaca is a nice town with a fair few hotels/bars. Ainsa is similar but much smaller.
Most places are bike friendly outside the UK, even the Paradores at Cardona we stayed at.

Camping Moto | Camping voor motorrijder in de Dordogne - Welcome Motorbike campsite Dordogne

Paradores Spain - Spanish Paradors - Parador hotels - Spanish hotels Chain of nice old hotels restored from castles etc all over spain, not cheap but very nice.

http://www.camping-brunnen.de/ maybe a bit off track but close to Neuschwanstein Castle (Chitty Chitty Bang Bang!!!!)

I even found a campsite in Venice but cant remember where it was or what is was called.

Have a great journey
Craig
Reply With Quote
  #3  
Old 16 Nov 2012
coolblackbird's Avatar
Gold Member
HUBB regular
 
Join Date: May 2011
Location: harlow
Posts: 93
hi seajay
thanks for the info and sorry you can't join up.
i see you are planning rtw trip i am planning trip for 2014 across europe into iran then onto nepal. when are you planning to go
Reply With Quote
  #4  
Old 16 Nov 2012
Registered Users
Veteran HUBBer
 
Join Date: Mar 2007
Location: UK
Posts: 3,370
Quote:
Originally Posted by coolblackbird View Post
I am camping for most of the trip.
I need help with some bike friendly camping and hotels along the way and if anyone is going the same way if you want to join up part way i will always have wine and and have some chill out times at the camp all
happy
I used a GPS to find campsites in France on my most recent trip down that way - this was a first for me and it worked fine; I got a database that covers all the campsites of France by reading up on links provided within the Navigation forum in here.
Alternatively, in the past, I have found campsites simply by asking at the local tourist information locations.

You'll be riding a Blackbird, I guess
__________________
Dave
Reply With Quote
  #5  
Old 16 Nov 2012
coolblackbird's Avatar
Gold Member
HUBB regular
 
Join Date: May 2011
Location: harlow
Posts: 93
hi walkabout
no the great blackbird will be staying at home taking the tiger 800xc.
I am using the tiger and equipment as a tester for a big one in 2014.
i thought 3 weeks would do it that's what i told the missis
thanks for info
Happy biking
Reply With Quote
  #6  
Old 17 Nov 2012
Registered Users
New on the HUBB
 
Join Date: Apr 2012
Location: Leicestershire/Warwickshire border.
Posts: 15
Coolblackbird,
My trip wont be for a few years (6 I think) unless things change, stuck in the pension trap, except for long weekends and the 10-14 days a year i can get away for.
Planning on renting the house and spending a year round Europe.
I have been travelling on the bike for years but like most initially, always tried to do too much too quick and ended up seeing too little. So plan on spending time actually seeing the places (and more) I have, in the past, ridden through!
After Europe will head back for a few months, sort out the paperwork and any bike issues before heading off towards Africa. Nothing much more than that planned in any detail as politics, borders, could be very different then.
Only thing I do know is I will have no time limit.
Craig
Reply With Quote
  #7  
Old 18 Nov 2012
coolblackbird's Avatar
Gold Member
HUBB regular
 
Join Date: May 2011
Location: harlow
Posts: 93
Quote:
Originally Posted by seajay View Post
Coolblackbird,
My trip wont be for a few years (6 I think) unless things change, stuck in the pension trap, except for long weekends and the 10-14 days a year i can get away for.
Planning on renting the house and spending a year round Europe.
I have been travelling on the bike for years but like most initially, always tried to do too much too quick and ended up seeing too little. So plan on spending time actually seeing the places (and more) I have, in the past, ridden through!
After Europe will head back for a few months, sort out the paperwork and any bike issues before heading off towards Africa. Nothing much more than that planned in any detail as politics, borders, could be very different then.
Only thing I do know is I will have no time limit.
Craig
I know what you mean but make sure you do it that's what i have said to myself don't want to look back at 70 or 80 with regret
happy biking
Reply With Quote
  #8  
Old 26 Nov 2012
Registered Users
New on the HUBB
 
Join Date: Nov 2012
Posts: 11
Camping in Spain

We spent three weeks in Spain last year, some great moments in the Pyrenees, didn't book any sites, and never had a problem. The best sites being inland, Isaba, Benesque, the coast was a bit hit and miss. have a good one
Reply With Quote
  #9  
Old 4 Dec 2012
Registered Users
New on the HUBB
 
Join Date: Dec 2012
Location: Chabris, France
Posts: 15
camping near venice

Hi

Camped near Venice two years ago. Plenty to choose from and not horrendously expensive. Try to stay on one on a bus route to Venice. There is bike parking by the bus station in Venice but in the summer it gets rammed and speaking personally we had loads of problems parking two heavily loaded touring bikes. Found it easier to camp ten minutes away by bus and you can have a drink in Venice (if you can afford it).

Camping in France on a bike is simple. Plenty of biker friendly places but to be honest you wont have a problem anywhere. The French like bikes. Every town and most villages have a camping municipale run by the mairie (town hall) that are cheap and usually clean and welcoming. The bonus with the municipal sites is they are normally close to the town centre so walking distanmce to bars, restaurants etc. Often you just arrive, pitch your tent and get on with it. Someone from the town hall will come and find you for payment. Mind you i have lost count of the times i have had to leave the money under a stone as no one around.

I live in the centre of France near Blois if you are passing this way, a or cup of tea is always available.

Martin
Reply With Quote
  #10  
Old 5 Dec 2012
coolblackbird's Avatar
Gold Member
HUBB regular
 
Join Date: May 2011
Location: harlow
Posts: 93
Quote:
Originally Posted by French martin View Post
Hi

Camped near Venice two years ago. Plenty to choose from and not horrendously expensive. Try to stay on one on a bus route to Venice. There is bike parking by the bus station in Venice but in the summer it gets rammed and speaking personally we had loads of problems parking two heavily loaded touring bikes. Found it easier to camp ten minutes away by bus and you can have a drink in Venice (if you can afford it).

Camping in France on a bike is simple. Plenty of biker friendly places but to be honest you wont have a problem anywhere. The French like bikes. Every town and most villages have a camping municipale run by the mairie (town hall) that are cheap and usually clean and welcoming. The bonus with the municipal sites is they are normally close to the town centre so walking distanmce to bars, restaurants etc. Often you just arrive, pitch your tent and get on with it. Someone from the town hall will come and find you for payment. Mind you i have lost count of the times i have had to leave the money under a stone as no one around.

I live in the centre of France near Blois if you are passing this way, a or cup of tea is always available.

Martin
Hi Martin
thanks for info and welcome for .
i will be heading down your way to the route 66 biker campsite from paris so might take you up on your offer
Happy biking
Reply With Quote
  #11  
Old 5 Dec 2012
Registered Users
New on the HUBB
 
Join Date: Dec 2012
Location: Chabris, France
Posts: 15
Hi

We stayed at Route 66 a couple of years ago. Harry is a legend! If you`re camping be sure to shut tent otherwise Odin the cat will steal your food!!

We are located in the town of Chabris about 15 mins from the A20 autoroute or if you`re avoiding the toll roads 30 mins south of Blois right beside the Cher river.

The and wine are waiting in our cave!
Reply With Quote
  #12  
Old 6 Dec 2012
coolblackbird's Avatar
Gold Member
HUBB regular
 
Join Date: May 2011
Location: harlow
Posts: 93
Quote:
Originally Posted by French martin View Post
Hi

We stayed at Route 66 a couple of years ago. Harry is a legend! If you`re camping be sure to shut tent otherwise Odin the cat will steal your food!!

We are located in the town of Chabris about 15 mins from the A20 autoroute or if you`re avoiding the toll roads 30 mins south of Blois right beside the Cher river.

The and wine are waiting in our cave!
Thanks Martin looking forward to it odin the cat great name and i am looking to meeting harry now as well this trip is starting to come together very nicely
Happy biking
Reply With Quote
  #13  
Old 15 Dec 2012
Registered Users
Veteran HUBBer
 
Join Date: Mar 2010
Location: King's Lynn UK
Posts: 326
I've just seen this. Could be interested. Well more than could be interested. Do two a year in the time scale you are looking at, three week's. Have a load of information that could be of use. Done the camping and the grote hotel's. Where I would like to go is a bit more south. But we can talk about that later. I'm in King's Lynn. Or a small village just out side.
Journeyman933910@aol.com

John933a - YouTube

Have a look at some of these. Give you an idea of what I am in to.

Is my e mail. Drop me a line.
John933
__________________
To buy petrol in Europe. Pull up at station. Wait. Get out a 20 Euro note, then ask someone to fill up the bike. Give person money. Ride away. Simple.
Reply With Quote
  #14  
Old 16 Dec 2012
coolblackbird's Avatar
Gold Member
HUBB regular
 
Join Date: May 2011
Location: harlow
Posts: 93
Quote:
Originally Posted by John933 View Post
I've just seen this. Could be interested. Well more than could be interested. Do two a year in the time scale you are looking at, three week's. Have a load of information that could be of use. Done the camping and the grote hotel's. Where I would like to go is a bit more south. But we can talk about that later. I'm in King's Lynn. Or a small village just out side.
Journeyman933910@aol.com

John933a - YouTube

Have a look at some of these. Give you an idea of what I am in to.

Is my e mail. Drop me a line.
John933
Hi John
Sounds great how far south where you planning to go i was going into north spain then up. I was there last year working in the south of France took the bike but had only a few days too ride around didn't get to see much.This trip is coming together very nicely with stop overs and places to see. Oh yes i am a bit of of the beaten track B-roads A-roads type of rider only motorways for quickness. Let me know your plans John
Happy biking
Reply With Quote
  #15  
Old 2 Jan 2013
Registered Users
Veteran HUBBer
 
Join Date: Mar 2010
Location: King's Lynn UK
Posts: 326
Quote:
Originally Posted by coolblackbird View Post
Hi John
Sounds great how far south where you planning to go i was going into north spain then up. I was there last year working in the south of France took the bike but had only a few days too ride around didn't get to see much.This trip is coming together very nicely with stop overs and places to see. Oh yes i am a bit of of the beaten track B-roads A-roads type of rider only motorways for quickness. Let me know your plans John
Happy biking

Sorry about the long time lap's. Some problem's this end.

How far south am I looking at. Until I hit the sun and still stay in the EU.

You've not said when you are thinking of going? I off in the spring to this place for a month.

http://goo.gl/maps/Phjeo


So would be looking at the back end of summer. I'm OK about the road's. The toll road's can eat in to the money. What I do is make the crossing at Dover early morning. Staying at a camp site in dover. £10 a night. It's has room's you can use for that price. So one good night with a roof over your head. Let's you get a good start. The next thing is an eye ball, so we can talk about it a bit better. Usually pick a main tesco half way between you and me. Can get a bit to eat at the same time. Week end are usually good. Let me know what you think.
John933
__________________
To buy petrol in Europe. Pull up at station. Wait. Get out a 20 Euro note, then ask someone to fill up the bike. Give person money. Ride away. Simple.
Reply With Quote
Reply


Currently Active Users Viewing This Thread: 1 (0 Registered Users and/or Members and 1 guests)
 
Thread Tools
Display Modes

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off
Trackbacks are On
Pingbacks are On
Refbacks are On


Similar Threads
Thread Thread Starter Forum Replies Last Post
Shipping from Bangkok to Europe in 2 weeks Dries vl Trip Transport 8 12 Feb 2013 08:39
SE Europe for the next 3-4 weeks... Oo-SEB-oO Europe 2 31 Jul 2012 08:26
SE Europe the next 3-4 weeks... Oo-SEB-oO Travellers Seeking Travellers 3 26 Jul 2012 17:52
Overstaying 60 day 'Greencard' in Europe with U.K insurance *Touring Ted* Trip Paperwork 37 2 Apr 2012 15:59
April 3(ish) for 2 weeks to Eastern Europe Modman Route Planning 4 10 Feb 2012 16:30

 
 


HU DVD Summer Special!

Now that summer is here, get On the Road! Take 30% off the Achievable Dream - On the Road! 2-DVD set until August 31 only. Get On the Road! Learn the tips to staying healthy, happy and secure on your motorcycle adventure!

Our veteran travellers share their tips (and great stories) for staying healthy, happy and secure on your motorcycle adventure.

"A fantastic, informative and inspirational DVD."

"It's brilliant - thank you very much!"

Check it out at the HU Store! Remember to use Coupon Code 'ONTHEROAD' on your order when you checkout.


Renedian Adventures

What others say about HU...

"I just wanted to say thanks for doing this and sharing so much with the rest of us." Dave, USA

"Your website is a mecca of valuable information and the DVD series is informative, entertaining, and inspiring! The new look of the website is very impressive, updated and catchy. Thank you so very much!" Jennifer, Canada

"...Great site. Keep up the good work." Murray and Carmen, Australia

"We just finished a 7 month 22,000+ mile scouting trip from Alaska to the bottom of Chile and I can't tell you how many times we referred to your site for help. From how to adjust your valves, to where to stay in the back country of Peru. Horizons Unlimited was a key player in our success. Motorcycle enthusiasts from around the world are in debt to your services." Alaska Riders

contest pic

10th Annual HU Travellers Photo Contest is on now! This is an opportunity for YOU to show us your best photos and win prizes!

NEW! HU 2014 Adventure Travel T-shirts! are now available in several colors! Be the first kid on your block to have them! New lower prices on synths!

HU 2014 T-shirts now in!

Check out the new Gildan Performance cotton-feel t-shirt - 100% poly, feels like soft cotton!


What turns you on to motorcycle travel?


Global Rescue, WORLDwide evacuation services for EVERYONE

Global Rescue is the premier provider of medical, security and evacuation services worldwide and is the only company that will come to you, wherever you are, and evacuate you to your home hospital of choice. Additionally, Global Rescue places no restrictions on country of citizenship - all nationalities are eligible to sign-up!


New to Horizons Unlimited?

New to motorcycle travelling? New to the HU site? Confused? Too many options? It's really very simple - just 4 easy steps!

Horizons Unlimited was founded in 1997 by Grant and Susan Johnson following their journey around the world on a BMW R80 G/S motorcycle.

Susan and Grant Johnson Read more about Grant & Susan's story

Membership - help keep us going!

Horizons Unlimited is not a big multi-national company, just two people who love motorcycle travel and have grown what started as a hobby in 1997 into a full time job (usually 8-10 hours per day and 7 days a week) and a labour of love. To keep it going and a roof over our heads, we run events (22 this year!); we sell inspirational and informative DVDs; we have a few selected advertisers; and we make a small amount from memberships.

You don't have to be a Member to come to an HU meeting, access the website, the HUBB or to receive the e-zine. What you get for your membership contribution is our sincere gratitude, good karma and knowing that you're helping to keep the motorcycle travel dream alive. Contributing Members and Gold Members do get additional features on the HUBB. Here's a list of all the Member benefits on the HUBB.


Books & DVDs

amazon

All the best travel books and videos listed and often reviewed on HU's famous Books page. Check it out and get great travel books from all over the world.


Motorcycle Express for shipping and insurance!

Motorcycle Express

MC Air Shipping, (uncrated) USA / Canada / Europe and other areas. Be sure to say "Horizons Unlimited" to get your $25 discount on Shipping!
Insurance - see: For foreigners traveling in US and Canada and for Americans and Canadians traveling in other countries, then mail it to MC Express and get your HU $15 discount!




All times are GMT +1. The time now is 18:08.