What are the top 5 items on your pack list?
This thread was corrupted and thus didn't show - fixed now!
What are the top 5 items on your pack list? (bike is assumed, all else is optional).
Here's Susan's (Grant's is different):
1. Chocolate spread
2. Electric vest
3. Contact lens solutions - 4 weeks supply
4. Silk underwear
5. Laptop computer
Opinions?? I'd love to hear other views.
Grant's list is slightly different:
1. Electric vest
2. American Express card
4. Camera and lots of film
5. Spare parts and tools
3'X1/4" hose to siphon gas
one gallon of drinkable water
multi-duty pocket knife(Leatherman Tool)
pictures of my family(everyone relates)
One of the most essential things to take - and it doesn't take up ANY luggage space:
A sense of HUMOUR! You will definitely need it!
Ride the road less traveled!
[This message has been edited by Tom Smith (edited 07 February 2000).]
# 1 toilet paper
# 2 first aid kit
# 3 ear plugs to wear while riding all day & at night
# 4 extra water,6 litres or more in the desert
# 5 MiniMagLite with 6" string & safety pin & extra batteries
# 6 Emergency space blanket & 30' string... sun/rain protection in case of breakdown
Ken Minnion in Campbell River,B.C.,Canada,
& Felix, Black 95 Triumph Tiger
1. Sunglasses (2 pair)
2. Rolaids or some other antacid
3. Asprin or other
4. Protein bar/snack
5. Water resistant boot covers
6. Water resistant glove covers
Just discovered this thread, data was corrupted so didn't show up, but it's worth restarting!
3. Documents (tickets, passport, telephone list, recovery club details etc,)
OK, it's actually only a list of three items, but with cash a passport and ability to call people who can tell you anything else you need to know, you can get anywhere and might was well enjoy it as you go (even if you are on the recovery truck, the wrong ferry, the wrong road, the wrong campsite etc.) :thumbup1:
1) A piece of ally treadplate 9"x17". This is a wind break for my stove and then a tray to eat my dinner off. Somewhere flat to rest your coffee or beer. I kneel on it when I'm working on the bike or rolling up my tent on wet/muddy ground. It even does the job which I originally made it for, putting the bike on the centre stand on grass. I don't know how I'd manage without it. I made it this size so it fits inside my pannier but any size would do.
2) A piece of thin foam as a "doormat" (4'x2'). I slip one edge under the doorway of my tent and then you have somewhere dry to sit/kneel. It rolls up pretty small and I strap it on the back of the bike.
3) My Therma-Rest seat. It takes up very little space and means that you can sit up comfortably inside the tent when it's raining to read or plan the next days ride. It transforms "lounging around" in the shade of a tree to another level. Especially when you have a beer resting on (1).
4) A plastic pint glass. You just can't drink draught Guinness from the can. Fed up with drinking San Miguel? mix it with some cider. Snakebite, you know it makes sense!
5) A lexan 1 ltr bottle with a large opening. After an evening using (3) and (4) you'll be glad you have it inside the tent. You just get inside your sleepingbag and guess what? Mine is a nice "piss" yellow colour so I don't get it mixed up with my water bottle!
This list makes me look like a drunkard! They say the first step is admitting you have a problem. :rofl:
1. Visa card for bailing you out of almost any situation. If the shit hits the fan you can always pay and explain it later to your bank!
2. A wad of backup cash hidden away in case the visa is lost or rejected.
3. Water filter for filtrating any watersource into drinkable water.
4. Petzl headlamp for working at the bike at night. Or just answering the call of nature in the middle of the night.
5. Glasses for when im all out of contacts! Without them i cant even ride my bike.
never travel without!!
poison sausages!!! usefull for quieting the bloody dogs..also if the neighbouring campers are noisy so useful when yu invite them to a bbq!!!!!!
Spectacles, testicles, wallet & watch...well, that's only 4, and in fact I only pack "one" of these items.
1-4. 2/3rds of the content of a 6 pack.
5. plastic pal to replenish 1-4.
I travel light. (I wish)
A.L. 1. Delete 1/6th of 1-4 and insert a portable beer chiller. (I'm getting old and picky)
|All times are GMT +1. The time now is 15:32.|