Planning S.American bike trip - what do I need?
OK I've been doing my research - any advice from some old hands?
1. Motorbike. Check - will buy in Santiago on arrival - just a 125cc, nothing fancy. Seems infinitely cheaper than buying here and shipping over. Would appear to be possible for foreigners to buy (legally) second hand?
2. Full UK license - guess this is a good idea right? I learn on Enfields in India where you can get by with a car license (sorta). Would a CBT be enough or am I best off just getting the full license?
3. Travel Insurance - for me, as in medical etc. Against much advice I never bothered before but my lucks going to run out sooner or later and I'd probably guess that a six months on the road it would at some point. Any suggestions?
4. What about bike insurance? Is that something I'd just sort out in Chilli, assuming I bought the bike there? Can anyone tell me if that would be valid for the rest of S.America?
5. Carne - I don't need this for South/Central America right?
Well - thanks in advance for any tips.