Horizons Unlimited - The HUBB

Horizons Unlimited - The HUBB (http://www.horizonsunlimited.com/hubb/)
-   Travellers' questions that don't fit anywhere else (http://www.horizonsunlimited.com/hubb/travellers-questions-dont-fit-anywhere/)
-   -   Bike insurance (http://www.horizonsunlimited.com/hubb/travellers-questions-dont-fit-anywhere/bike-insurance-26541)

steveindenmark 11 Apr 2007 15:35

Bike insurance
I live in Denmark and want to buy a bike in the UK off E Bay. I got one from Germany last year and just trailered it back to Denmark. This time I want to ride it back through France, Holland and Germany.

What do I do about insurance for the bike?

Sounds simple but has anyone got the definitive answer???

If it makes any difference at all, I am English.

trophymick 12 Apr 2007 09:31

Try Carole Nash or another UK bike insurer (I should be on comission from Google;o). Preferably one with a human to speak to:clap: There will be answers out there:thumbup1:.
Best of luck


ps, maybe a UK address is advisable, do you have relatives over here?

*Touring Ted* 12 Apr 2007 22:01

Cant you get insured from a Danish insurer ?

If you buy the bike then you own the bike and in theory, when the bike is signed over to you it is registered to a Danish national and therfore to your Danish address.

When you take out a policy in the UK, you are (usually) insured to ride in Europe for at least 30 days or more. Isnt it the same in Denmark ??

Should be a lot simpler as we are all in the EU now.

All times are GMT +1. The time now is 07:42.