WANTED: Long-distance travel-enduro sidecar for south america trip, Nov10 California
I´m currently preparing a trip heading down to Patagonia starting from Santa Barbara, CA around November or December 2010 - lasting for 7-12 months.
Roads used are mostly gravel roads (or worse
I want to do it with a well suited sidecar.
What I have in mind (very basic requirements - though I´m flexible
- sidecar usable for tough gravel roads and in very good overall condition - must survive 20.000+ miles without any issues
- enough engine power to cross high mountain passes in the Andes
- maximum velocity: 80+mph / 130+kmh
- fuel capacity: 400+miles / 650+km
- min. spring deflection: 8in. / 200mm
- min. ground clearance: 8in. / 200mm
- sidecar that can comfortably sit one additional person - though mostly used for carrying equipment
- sidecar must be equipped with a braking system
- storage volume: 45+gallons / 170+l (fully lockable / weather sealed / dust proof metal boxes)
Does anybody know of a sidecar for sale that fulfills these requirements?
(I´m flexible with the pick up location of the sidecar along the route)
I appreciate any help!