Go Back   Horizons Unlimited - The HUBB > Want ads > TRAVEL Bikes for Sale / Wanted

TRAVEL Bikes for Sale / Wanted Post your TRAVELLING bike for sale here. INCLUDE COUNTRY in subject, (e.g. 89 Transalp for sale, CA USA) and include currency in the post ;-) Please DELETE your post when the bike is sold.
Contact Overland Solutions for all your custom modifications and setup for overland travel.

Reply
 
LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
  #1  
Old 13 Oct 2012
Registered Users
HUBB regular
 
Join Date: Oct 2009
Posts: 46
Suzuki DR 650se 1996 for sale (w/rebuild)

SO.....

As it happens the time has come, and short it has been, but, this bike is now for sale. Here are some recent photos taken yesterday in France, where currently i am living. I will be transporting the bike to the UK around November the 10th. The bike will be in the North West, an hour north of Manchester.
Im looking for around £2500 for it. It has full service history up to 12000 miles when i bought it for £1650 in January 2010.

These photos i took yesterday.



If you read through this thread - My DR strip and tease! - ThumperTalk - you will see what has been do to it, plus, it has T63s on it, with about 600 miles on them. And i bought acerbis hand guards that are metal all the way through. There are loads of photos on this thread.

The only things with it that could do to be sorted out are: puncture to the rear tire and a new generator cover. as can be seen on one photo. But this is not necessary. The reason for this bolt going through is because about 3 weeks ago i did a valve clearance check and the alen key placing had been miss treated and so a hole was made to be able to turn to TDC. the current millage is 17650. i have all receipts and photos for work done. I spent around £1200 in total over the past months starting from May. The bike runs perfect. starts every time.

Really.... a very reluctant sale due to the purchase of land in France. No other reason.
If your in France and want to come check it out im in Gourdon, postal code 46300.
And from November 10th postal code PR3 0RB in England.

If I sell for the price i would like, i will through in my hein gericke pants, size about 34"/36". My boots, size 9-10, new moto goves, and my jacket and helmet. Plus renew the mot. It is taxed until i think about November/december.

Price £2500 ono.

Contact prefered straight to my email ; michael.chaplin7@gmail.com

Mike

More info:: All this can be read on the thumper talk thread, but just a few i will say here.

tm40 pumper installed
Air box mod
New rear Marving Exhaust pipe
oversized handle bars,
14T counter and 42 rear ( comes with 15T counter also)
well this is just the few, plenty more info on http://www.thumpertalk.com/topic/960...rip-and-tease/

Last edited by jimmyboris; 13 Oct 2012 at 14:17. Reason: More info
Reply With Quote
  #2  
Old 13 Oct 2012
Registered Users
HUBB regular
 
Join Date: May 2007
Location: UK
Posts: 70
Quote:
Originally Posted by jimmyboris View Post
SO.....

As it happens the time has come, and short it has been, but, this bike is now for sale. Here are some recent photos taken yesterday in France, where currently i am living. I will be transporting the bike to the UK around November the 10th. The bike will be in the North West, an hour north of Manchester.
Im looking for around £2500 for it. It has full service history up to 12000 miles when i bought it for £1650 in January 2010.

These photos i took yesterday.



If you read through this thread - My DR strip and tease! - ThumperTalk - you will see what has been do to it, plus, it has T63s on it, with about 600 miles on them. And i bought acerbis hand guards that are metal all the way through. There are loads of photos on this thread.

The only things with it that could do to be sorted out are: puncture to the rear tire and a new generator cover. as can be seen on one photo. But this is not necessary. The reason for this bolt going through is because about 3 weeks ago i did a valve clearance check and the alen key placing had been miss treated and so a hole was made to be able to turn to TDC. the current millage is 17650. i have all receipts and photos for work done. I spent around £1200 in total over the past months starting from May. The bike runs perfect. starts every time.

Really.... a very reluctant sale due to the purchase of land in France. No other reason.
If your in France and want to come check it out im in Gourdon, postal code 46300.
And from November 10th postal code PR3 0RB in England.

If I sell for the price i would like, i will through in my hein gericke pants, size about 34"/36". My boots, size 9-10, new moto goves, and my jacket and helmet. Plus renew the mot. It is taxed until i think about November/december.

Price £2500 ono.

Contact prefered straight to my email ; michael.chaplin7@gmail.com

Mike

More info:: All this can be read on the thumper talk thread, but just a few i will say here.

tm40 pumper installed
Air box mod
New rear Marving Exhaust pipe
oversized handle bars,
14T counter and 42 rear ( comes with 15T counter also)
well this is just the few, plenty more info on My DR strip and tease! - ThumperTalk

Now then, now then. Owz about that then. As it happens, is your name Jimmy Borris or Jimmy Saville?
Reply With Quote
  #3  
Old 24 Oct 2012
Registered Users
HUBB regular
 
Join Date: Oct 2009
Posts: 46
Quote:
Originally Posted by baluchiman View Post
Now then, now then. Owz about that then. As it happens, is your name Jimmy Borris or Jimmy Saville?
Welly well well... Im a joker but you stumped me..?
Just went out on the bike today after fitting a new tube.
Just dont want to sell this bike...
Reply With Quote
  #4  
Old 28 Oct 2012
Registered Users
HUBB regular
 
Join Date: Oct 2009
Posts: 46
No interest i see...

Price is too high hey?

So price drop.
£1950 ono.

And if you want to make an offer im open for that also.
This bike is to be sold before the end of the year.
I return to england within the week.

Thanks

Mike
Reply With Quote
  #5  
Old 28 Oct 2012
Registered Users
HUBB regular
 
Join Date: Oct 2009
Posts: 46
And a run down of new parts and work done in since May 2012.

Tm40 pumper. (new)
Quick aluminum throttle tube
New throttle cables
New pilow grips
New chain and sprocket set
New t63s tires
Oil change and filter
Frame rusted treated and powered coated.
Most of nuts, bolts, springs zink plated
New front pads
New marvin back exhaust section.
Header pipe polished
New oversized handle bars and raised 1 inch
Valve clearence check
Head stock, back break pedal, gear lever and footpegs rust treated and powder coeated.

The bike is stamped with full service history until 12000 miles.
I have looked after the bike since then and service it my self.
all reciepts present with photos of rebuild.

Cheers
Mike
Reply With Quote
  #6  
Old 18 Dec 2012
Registered Users
New on the HUBB
 
Join Date: Dec 2012
Posts: 18
Quote:
Originally Posted by jimmyboris View Post
No interest i see...

Price is too high hey?

So price drop.
£1950 ono.

And if you want to make an offer im open for that also.
This bike is to be sold before the end of the year.
I return to england within the week.

Thanks

Mike
PM sent for bike
Reply With Quote
  #7  
Old 18 Dec 2012
Registered Users
Veteran HUBBer
 
Join Date: Nov 2012
Location: London
Posts: 220
I know its a long shot, but if your interested in a swap for an er6n. Please let me know.

ER6N SILVER 06 er6 in London | Motorbikes & Scooters for Sale | Gumtree.com
Reply With Quote
  #8  
Old 19 Dec 2012
Registered Users
HUBB regular
 
Join Date: Oct 2009
Posts: 46
Thanks Rfolthy. Im only interested in on/off road bikes.

Mike
Reply With Quote
  #9  
Old 19 Dec 2012
Registered Users
New on the HUBB
 
Join Date: Dec 2012
Posts: 18
PM sent to Mike
Reply With Quote
Reply


Currently Active Users Viewing This Thread: 1 (0 Registered Users and/or Members and 1 guests)
 
Thread Tools
Display Modes

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off
Trackbacks are On
Pingbacks are On
Refbacks are On


 
 
 

NEW! HU 2015 Motorcycle Adventure Travel Calendar is now available! Get your copy now for some terrific travel inspiration!

HUGE, 11.5 x 16.5 inches, beautifully printed in Germany on top quality stock! Photos are the winning images from over 600 entries in the 9th Annual HU Photo Contest!

Horizons Unlimited 2015 Motorcycle Adventure Travel Calendar.

"The calendar is magnificent!"

"I just wanted to say how much I'm loving the new, larger calendar!"

We share the profit with the winning photographers. YOU could be in the HU Calendar too - enter here!


HU DVD Autumn Special!

Take 40% off Road Heroes Part 1 until October 31 only!

Road Heroes features tales of adventure, joy and sheer terror by veteran travellers Peter and Kay Forwood (193 countries two-up on a Harley); Dr. Greg Frazier (5 times RTW); Tiffany Coates (RTW solo female); and Rene Cormier (University of Gravel Roads).

The first in an exciting new series, Road Heroes features tales of adventure, joy and sheer terror by veteran travellers."Inspiring and hilarious!"

"I loved watching this DVD!"

"Lots of amazing stories and even more amazing photographs, it's great fun and very inspirational."

"Wonderful entertainment!"

Check it out at the HU Store! Remember to use Coupon Code 'HEROES' on your order when you checkout.


Renedian Adventures


Renedian Adventures

What others say about HU...

"I just wanted to say thanks for doing this and sharing so much with the rest of us." Dave, USA

"Your website is a mecca of valuable information and the DVD series is informative, entertaining, and inspiring! The new look of the website is very impressive, updated and catchy. Thank you so very much!" Jennifer, Canada

"...Great site. Keep up the good work." Murray and Carmen, Australia

"We just finished a 7 month 22,000+ mile scouting trip from Alaska to the bottom of Chile and I can't tell you how many times we referred to your site for help. From how to adjust your valves, to where to stay in the back country of Peru. Horizons Unlimited was a key player in our success. Motorcycle enthusiasts from around the world are in debt to your services." Alaska Riders

contest pic

10th Annual HU Travellers Photo Contest is on now! This is an opportunity for YOU to show us your best photos and win prizes!

NEW! HU 2014 Adventure Travel T-shirts! are now available in several colors! Be the first kid on your block to have them! New lower prices on synths!

HU 2014 T-shirts now in!

Check out the new Gildan Performance cotton-feel t-shirt - 100% poly, feels like soft cotton!


What turns you on to motorcycle travel?


Global Rescue, WORLDwide evacuation services for EVERYONE

Global Rescue is the premier provider of medical, security and evacuation services worldwide and is the only company that will come to you, wherever you are, and evacuate you to your home hospital of choice. Additionally, Global Rescue places no restrictions on country of citizenship - all nationalities are eligible to sign-up!


New to Horizons Unlimited?

New to motorcycle travelling? New to the HU site? Confused? Too many options? It's really very simple - just 4 easy steps!

Horizons Unlimited was founded in 1997 by Grant and Susan Johnson following their journey around the world on a BMW R80 G/S motorcycle.

Susan and Grant Johnson Read more about Grant & Susan's story

Membership - help keep us going!

Horizons Unlimited is not a big multi-national company, just two people who love motorcycle travel and have grown what started as a hobby in 1997 into a full time job (usually 8-10 hours per day and 7 days a week) and a labour of love. To keep it going and a roof over our heads, we run events (22 this year!); we sell inspirational and informative DVDs; we have a few selected advertisers; and we make a small amount from memberships.

You don't have to be a Member to come to an HU meeting, access the website, the HUBB or to receive the e-zine. What you get for your membership contribution is our sincere gratitude, good karma and knowing that you're helping to keep the motorcycle travel dream alive. Contributing Members and Gold Members do get additional features on the HUBB. Here's a list of all the Member benefits on the HUBB.


Books & DVDs

amazon

All the best travel books and videos listed and often reviewed on HU's famous Books page. Check it out and get great travel books from all over the world.


Motorcycle Express for shipping and insurance!

Motorcycle Express

MC Air Shipping, (uncrated) USA / Canada / Europe and other areas. Be sure to say "Horizons Unlimited" to get your $25 discount on Shipping!
Insurance - see: For foreigners traveling in US and Canada and for Americans and Canadians traveling in other countries, then mail it to MC Express and get your HU $15 discount!




All times are GMT +1. The time now is 07:27.