Will (hopefully tfu-tfu-tfu) be finishing my trip then and there. February, Buenos Aires area. For the sale -whatever place makes sense in the area.
I'm riding an XR650L 2008 which was bought in California in better than new shape. Mods and Extras:
- FMF pipe + rejetted fabulously by previous owner.
- Protection : Cycra handguards, MSR skidplate, shortened levers.
- Clutch : the very tough Barnett kit + Motion-Pro cable.
- Huge Tank : Acerbis 27 litre (6 or 7 gallons) + external filter
- Luggage Handling : Cycleracks rack, uniquely reinforced + massively reinforced tail and lower frame.
- GPS : Garmin CSX60 (wiring to a powerplug connected to the battery, two USB slots)
- Misc : High Protaper Bars + raisers + grips, Uni airfilter, tool pipe storage on the skidplate.
Maintenance : I am riding XR650L back home (a much older model - 1999) for 5 years now, I know this bike very well, all its sensitive issues (and all it's incredible advantages), I perform all routine maintenance, always the right oil (every 2k miles), filters etc.. I ride it with a temperature gauge so it has NEVER overheated. Suspension sag adjusted for the weight..
Why XR650L : stock is 160KG only, 30cm suspension travel and ground clearance!, can take a fall or a hundred like a dirtbike. Traveling with this bike means being able to have tens and hundreds times more fun offroad, means going places other touring bikes would never dream/survive/manage. And that's the stock. My bike, can handle all the additional weight of the luggage needed with added protection and toughness. And let's not forget the Honda reliability and serviceability, and the UBIQUITOUS Honda dealerships all over the Americas in case you do need anything..
After more than 28000 km by now, I am sure I could not have chosen a more suitable bike for the trip!
Price: 4000$, negotiable (I'm stating a price that sounds fair to me).
still in CA