I am asking 5,700 dollars. Reason for selling? I am BROKE after this fun trip!
It is a very good condition bike since I took care of it pretty ok and I had a major maintenance done on it in Santiago. The bike is 70,000 miles now but I wouldn't mind adding another 50,000. Here are the details.
- engine, running like a swiss watch
- electric and injection, no problem
- suspension, I have an after market shock from WorksPerfomance (CA), and I just change the fork seals and oil. You might want to add boots on the front fork as I never put some.
- chain and sprockets changed in Santiago but may be you want to come with new ones from the US and start fresh
- streering: the steering head bearing might have to be changed
- tires: I think I will be done with these ones by the end of the trip. I strongly advise to come with new ones from the US as they will be 4 times cheaper.
- clutch: totally new. you can do another 40,000 miles with this if you are a smooth rider.
- radiator and fan: changed in Santiago
- brakes: front one totally new from Santiago and rear master cylinder changed in Santiago
- heated grips, ABS, cruise control, 2 plugs for heated vest or video camera...
- baterry: I am going to change it because this one is not doing ok if it is cold. As I don't have enough Amperage, when I use heated vest, grips and GPS, the battery gets lazy.
- GPS holder for Garmin 76C. I can sell you the GPS too, I have the CD and I think it is still under warranty.
- I have Jesse bags, the BMW top box bolt on a Jesse rack, and a Touratech tank bag with 2 side pockets (the tank bag is at home in San Francisco)
- I changed the skid plate for a carbon fiber one and this one is getting bad.
- I have a lot of spare parts for the bike and the JEsse bags that I will of course leave with the bike
- I have tools but rust got them!!
- I have the BMW hand protectors (plastic). I have been falling with this a few times and they never broke.
- engine guards from Touratech (one broke today because of the vibrations and I will weld it). no foot rest
- washable oil filter (scott) and air filter (K&N)
- the seat: I have a wunderlich extra low seat. You might want a cushion to higher your butt. If you are really tall, forget this bike, it won't fit. But if you are up to 6 foot, it will be all right.
- the light system on this bike is "shit". Everything on the front light is glued now but the light can still be adjusted and changed.
- scott oiler
- rims are excellent, never been bent
- I have heavy duty tubes and never ever had a puncture with them.
Despite this trip pretty intense for this little bike, the bike looks good. I have a few scratches, like the windshield and a jesse bag. My friend in Ushuaia polished it, as well as the bags and it is in very good shape. The mechanic is excellent for the milage.