The Achievable Dream 5-part series - the definitive guide on DVD for planning your motorcycle adventure. Get Ready! covers planning, paperwork, medical and many other topics! "Inspirational and Awesome!" See the trailer here!
Gear Up! is a 2-DVD set, 6 hours! Which bike is right for me? How do I prepare the bike? What stuff do I need - riding gear, clothing, camping gear, first aid kit, tires, maps and GPS? What don't I need? How do I pack it all in? Lots of opinions from over 150 travellers! "This DVD will save you a fortune!"See the trailer here!
So you've done it - got inspired, planned your trip, packed your stuff and you're on the road! This section is about staying healthy, happy and secure on your motorcycle adventure. And crossing borders, war zones or oceans!
On the Road! is 5.5 hours of the tips and advice you need to cross borders, break down language barriers, overcome culture shock, ship the bike and deal with breakdowns and emergencies."Just makes me want to pack up and go!" See the trailer here!
Tire Changing!Grant demystifies the black art of Tire Changing and Repair to help you STAY on the road! "Very informative and practical." See the trailer here!
Ladies on the Loose! For the first time ever, a motorcycle travel DVD made for women, by women! These intrepid women share their tips to help you plan your own motorcycle adventure. They also answer the women-only questions, and entertain you with amazing tales from the road! Presented by Lois Pryce, veteran solo traveller through South America and Africa and author of 'Lois on the Loose', and 'Red Tape and White Knuckles.'
"It has me all fired up to go out on my own adventure!" See the trailer here!
We're not a big multi-national company, just two people who love motorcycle travel and have grown a hobby into a full time job and a labour of love.
When you decide to become a Member, it helps directly support the site. You get additional privileges on the HUBB, access to the Members Private Store, and more to come as we roll out new systems. Of course, you get our sincere thanks, good karma and knowing you're helping to keep the motorcycle travel dream alive. :-)
Travel BooksMotorcycle and travel books to inspire and inform you!
DVDs - Watch and Learn!
Horizons Unlimited presents!
Achievable Dream The definitive guide to planning your motorcycle adventure! This insanely ambitious 2-year project has produced an informative and entertaining 5-part, 18 hour DVD series. "The ultimate round the world rider's how-to DVD!" MCN UK.
Collectors Box SetAll 5 DVDs with a custom printed slip case. "The series is 'free' because the tips and advice will save much more than you spend on buying the DVD's."
Advertisers- Horizons Unlimited is well-established as the first source of reliable, unbiased information on all aspects of motorcycle travel.
We reach a dedicated, worldwide group of real travellers, and are the only website focusing exclusively on long distance motorcycle travellers.
If you sell motorcycles or motorcycle accessories, riding gear, camping equipment and clothing, transport motorcycles, organize motorcycle tours, or have motorcycles to rent, you should be advertising with us!
TRAVEL Bikes for Sale / WantedPost your TRAVELLING bike for sale here. INCLUDE COUNTRY in subject, (e.g. 89 Transalp for sale, CA USA) and include currency in the post ;-) Please DELETE your post when the bike is sold.
I am finishing my trip in one monin a few weeks and want to sell my bike, a yellow BMW F650GS.
Email me at firstname.lastname@example.org to have the details of the bike. It is in good conditions and has many things on it.
I have been travelling from Alaska with this. Have a look at my website: www.annamotodiva.com
I am asking 5,700 dollars. Reason for selling? I am BROKE after this fun trip!
It is a very good condition bike since I took care of it pretty ok and I had a major maintenance done on it in Santiago. The bike is 70,000 miles now but I wouldn't mind adding another 50,000. Here are the details.
- engine, running like a swiss watch
- electric and injection, no problem
- suspension, I have an after market shock from WorksPerfomance (CA), and I just change the fork seals and oil. You might want to add boots on the front fork as I never put some.
- chain and sprockets changed in Santiago but may be you want to come with new ones from the US and start fresh
- streering: the steering head bearing might have to be changed
- tires: I think I will be done with these ones by the end of the trip. I strongly advise to come with new ones from the US as they will be 4 times cheaper.
- clutch: totally new. you can do another 40,000 miles with this if you are a smooth rider.
- radiator and fan: changed in Santiago
- brakes: front one totally new from Santiago and rear master cylinder changed in Santiago
- heated grips, ABS, cruise control, 2 plugs for heated vest or video camera...
- baterry: I am going to change it because this one is not doing ok if it is cold. As I don't have enough Amperage, when I use heated vest, grips and GPS, the battery gets lazy.
- GPS holder for Garmin 76C. I can sell you the GPS too, I have the CD and I think it is still under warranty.
- I have Jesse bags, the BMW top box bolt on a Jesse rack, and a Touratech tank bag with 2 side pockets (the tank bag is at home in San Francisco)
- I changed the skid plate for a carbon fiber one and this one is getting bad.
- I have a lot of spare parts for the bike and the JEsse bags that I will of course leave with the bike
- I have tools but rust got them!!
- I have the BMW hand protectors (plastic). I have been falling with this a few times and they never broke.
- engine guards from Touratech (one broke today because of the vibrations and I will weld it). no foot rest
- washable oil filter (scott) and air filter (K&N)
- the seat: I have a wunderlich extra low seat. You might want a cushion to higher your butt. If you are really tall, forget this bike, it won't fit. But if you are up to 6 foot, it will be all right.
- the light system on this bike is "shit". Everything on the front light is glued now but the light can still be adjusted and changed.
- scott oiler
- rims are excellent, never been bent
- I have heavy duty tubes and never ever had a puncture with them.
Despite this trip pretty intense for this little bike, the bike looks good. I have a few scratches, like the windshield and a jesse bag. My friend in Ushuaia polished it, as well as the bags and it is in very good shape. The mechanic is excellent for the milage.
To answer the question about how to buy a bike. If you are not a Argentina citizen then you can buy a used bike from a non argentina citizen. It is best to buy from the same country your are from. i.e. I am from USA and should sell to USA. Furthermore, I have the following bike for sale.
I have a 2001 KLR 650 fully modified for the tough riding. It needs a new piston. I have been sitting in Buenos Aires for a week and am preparing to ship it back to the USA. However, I am considering selling it. It has a clear USA Colorado title and is ready to go except for the piston. So far I have had no luck in finding a piston in the city. I will continue to look for piston. Otherwise, if you have time, I will mail you a piston from the US. US cost is $70 for piston and $40 or so for rings and gaskets. It is sitting at Dakar Motos where I am also staying. phone: 54-11-4730-0586 Carlos Tejedor 1379. go to www.dakarmotos.com for map. Javier is a mechanic and will install the piston for you. You can see photos and all of the modifications of the bike at my website listed in my hu profile. Asking price is reasonable--- less than $3,000 US with all of the modifications which cost over $1500. US Negotible.
I have a daily journal of current border crossing details, lodging, and other travel info at my website. www.klrog.com
Please look for daily updates.
No Spam, no gimmicks.
You are not lost if you don\'t care where you are.
Free camping or beds, adventure tourers in Colorado Lat: 39.054254 N Long: 104.683877 W, New York (Lat: 43.70511 N, Long: 73.99636 W, and West Virginia Lat: 39.063836 N Long: 80.944986 W
Cooped up indoors in crap weather? Binge watch over 20 hours of inspiring, informative and entertaining stories and tips from 150 travellers! Check it out at the HU Store! Remember to order them both and use Coupon Code 'BoxSet+' on your order when you checkout.
What others say about HU...
"I just wanted to say thanks for doing this and sharing so much with the rest of us." Dave, USA
"Your website is a mecca of valuable information and the DVD series is informative, entertaining, and inspiring! The new look of the website is very impressive, updated and catchy. Thank you so very much!" Jennifer, Canada
"...Great site. Keep up the good work." Murray and Carmen, Australia
"We just finished a 7 month 22,000+ mile scouting trip from Alaska to the bottom of Chile and I can't tell you how many times we referred to your site for help. From how to adjust your valves, to where to stay in the back country of Peru. Horizons Unlimited was a key player in our success. Motorcycle enthusiasts from around the world are in debt to your services." Alaska Riders
10th Annual HU Travellers Photo Contest is on now! This is an opportunity for YOU to show us your best photos and win prizes!
Global Rescue is the premier provider of medical, security and evacuation services worldwide and is the only company that will come to you, wherever you are, and evacuate you to your home hospital of choice. Additionally, Global Rescue places no restrictions on country of citizenship - all nationalities are eligible to sign-up!
Horizons Unlimited is not a big multi-national company, just two people who love motorcycle travel and have grown what started as a hobby in 1997 into a full time job (usually 8-10 hours per day and 7 days a week) and a labour of love. To keep it going and a roof over our heads, we run events (22 this year!); we sell inspirational and informative DVDs; we have a few selected advertisers; and we make a small amount from memberships.
You don't have to be a Member to come to an HU meeting, access the website, the HUBB or
to receive the e-zine. What you get for your membership contribution is our sincere gratitude, good karma and
knowing that you're helping to keep the motorcycle travel dream alive. Contributing Members and Gold Members do get additional features on the HUBB. Here's a list of all the Member benefits on the HUBB.