The Achievable Dream 5-part series - the definitive guide on DVD for planning your motorcycle adventure. Get Ready! covers planning, paperwork, medical and many other topics! "Inspirational and Awesome!" See the trailer here!
Gear Up! is a 2-DVD set, 6 hours! Which bike is right for me? How do I prepare the bike? What stuff do I need - riding gear, clothing, camping gear, first aid kit, tires, maps and GPS? What don't I need? How do I pack it all in? Lots of opinions from over 150 travellers! "This DVD will save you a fortune!"See the trailer here!
So you've done it - got inspired, planned your trip, packed your stuff and you're on the road! This section is about staying healthy, happy and secure on your motorcycle adventure. And crossing borders, war zones or oceans!
On the Road! is 5.5 hours of the tips and advice you need to cross borders, break down language barriers, overcome culture shock, ship the bike and deal with breakdowns and emergencies."Just makes me want to pack up and go!" See the trailer here!
Tire Changing!Grant demystifies the black art of Tire Changing and Repair to help you STAY on the road! "Very informative and practical." See the trailer here!
Ladies on the Loose! For the first time ever, a motorcycle travel DVD made for women, by women! These intrepid women share their tips to help you plan your own motorcycle adventure. They also answer the women-only questions, and entertain you with amazing tales from the road! Presented by Lois Pryce, veteran solo traveller through South America and Africa and author of 'Lois on the Loose', and 'Red Tape and White Knuckles.'
"It has me all fired up to go out on my own adventure!" See the trailer here!
We're not a big multi-national company, just two people who love motorcycle travel and have grown a hobby into a full time job and a labour of love.
When you decide to become a Member, it helps directly support the site. You get additional privileges on the HUBB, access to the Members Private Store, and more to come as we roll out new systems. Of course, you get our sincere thanks, good karma and knowing you're helping to keep the motorcycle travel dream alive. :-)
Travel BooksMotorcycle and travel books to inspire and inform you!
DVDs - Watch and Learn!
Horizons Unlimited presents!
Achievable Dream The definitive guide to planning your motorcycle adventure! This insanely ambitious 2-year project has produced an informative and entertaining 5-part, 18 hour DVD series. "The ultimate round the world rider's how-to DVD!" MCN UK.
Collectors Box SetAll 5 DVDs with a custom printed slip case. "The series is 'free' because the tips and advice will save much more than you spend on buying the DVD's."
Advertisers- Horizons Unlimited is well-established as the first source of reliable, unbiased information on all aspects of motorcycle travel.
We reach a dedicated, worldwide group of real travellers, and are the only website focusing exclusively on long distance motorcycle travellers.
If you sell motorcycles or motorcycle accessories, riding gear, camping equipment and clothing, transport motorcycles, organize motorcycle tours, or have motorcycles to rent, you should be advertising with us!
TRAVEL Bikes for Sale / WantedPost your TRAVELLING bike for sale here. INCLUDE COUNTRY in subject, (e.g. 89 Transalp for sale, CA USA) and include currency in the post ;-) Please DELETE your post when the bike is sold.
BMW F650GS (04)Overland RTW Spec for sale 3000 (UK) pounds
UK registered. Will have new MOT.
I am a motorcycle mechanic & built this bike for my trip from UK to NZ. It took about 18 months, it then sat in my garage in NZ for 2 years I shipped it home to the UK & have now decided to go back to NZ & can't really justify shipping out it again.
Bike can be viewed in Hatfield, Hertfordshire, England, just north of London.
Will add photo's soon
Needs to be sold by end of Feb
MODIFICATIONS (most metalwork fabrication carried out by Overland Solutions in UK)
1) Touratech Dakar fuel cells. std tank under seat max fuel now 39 ltr & with steady throttle possible 1000km tank range
2) Garmin 276C GPS, maritime unit so waterproof & with touratech world map loaded on.
3) Renthal twin wall bars (strongest you can get)
4) Touratech bar risers for more comfortable long distance riding & better when riding standing up.
5) BMW heated grips
6) Aceribis rally hand guards (steel inside plastic, very strong)
7) Givi handlebar muffs. Fit over hand guards & with heated grips all MX gloves to be worn even coldest weather.
8) Custom made screen mount to allow 03 screen with flip & set at higher angle for better wind deflection.
9) Progressive HD front fork springs.
10) Full wrap around custom made sump guard.
11) BMW engine case guards, modified to fit with sump guard.
12) Touratech gear lever with folding tip modified so MX boots can be worn.
13) Honda CRF (fat) footpegs on custom made heavy duty mounts.
14) Custom made heavy duty side stand with big footprint. The origonal was possibly the worst designed one i'd ever seen (except harley davidson).
15) Custom made heavy duty racks for Touratech Panniers (panniers anodised so no alloy black marks on everything) with hidden tool box's.
16) Custom made top rack to fit to pannier rack, can be fitted over rear seat for best load displacement or moved to rear to allow pillion to be carried.
17) Scottoiler touring system behind number plate (don't leave home without one of these).
18) Remus mufflers to allow leaded (crap) fuel to be used.
19) Steel braided front brake hose.
20) Exel 21" front rim laced to original BMW hub. Std GS has 17"
21) Modified Ohlins shock with heavy spring it's a Dakar model shock shortened & re-valved so with the 21" front wheel the bike is balanced & when fully loaded seat height is same as std GS.
22) Touratech chain guide.
23) Touratech chain guard.
24) Jump start socket hard wired (with fuse) to battery, with lead
25) Touratech 12 LED light to fit std BMW power socket.
26) Spare clutch & throttle cable's zip tied to current cables for quick change.
27) Spare front brake & clutch levers, shortened to fit inside hand guards.
28) Spare gear lever.
29) spare spokes for front & rear wheels (never needed to change any).
30) Spare water pump kit, only regular fault I know of with bike but still only needed 1 in 50,000k.
31) sheep skin seat cover.
32) Rear rack has built in waterproff/shockproff peli case for laptop
Nice bike there...a shame it has to be sold end of Feb....if it would be end of March I would probably be all over this :/
Does it have ABS?
Seriously...if there's any chance that you are able to keep it till end of march, I will take it unless there are major problems with the bike...Plus you wouldnt need to renew the MOT, I would take it as-is
(Please come back to me in any case, I will try my best to arrange something if end of march isnt an option)
It wouldn't be a problem to pick the bike up at the end of march but it would have to be paid for before I took it off the market. I could store it at a local Yamaha dealer who could confirm to you that he has it, if you are currently out of the country.
If you are in the country any viewing is OK.
No ABS on this bike.
I have had some other enquiries but it's not sold until someone gives me the money.
Now that summer is here, get On the Road! Take 30% off the Achievable Dream - On the Road! 2-DVD set until August 31 only.
Our veteran travellers share their tips (and great stories) for staying healthy, happy and secure on your motorcycle adventure.
"A fantastic, informative and inspirational DVD."
"It's brilliant - thank you very much!"
Check it out at the HU Store! Remember to use Coupon Code 'ONTHEROAD' on your order when you checkout.
What others say about HU...
"I just wanted to say thanks for doing this and sharing so much with the rest of us." Dave, USA
"Your website is a mecca of valuable information and the DVD series is informative, entertaining, and inspiring! The new look of the website is very impressive, updated and catchy. Thank you so very much!" Jennifer, Canada
"...Great site. Keep up the good work." Murray and Carmen, Australia
"We just finished a 7 month 22,000+ mile scouting trip from Alaska to the bottom of Chile and I can't tell you how many times we referred to your site for help. From how to adjust your valves, to where to stay in the back country of Peru. Horizons Unlimited was a key player in our success. Motorcycle enthusiasts from around the world are in debt to your services." Alaska Riders
10th Annual HU Travellers Photo Contest is on now! This is an opportunity for YOU to show us your best photos and win prizes!
Global Rescue is the premier provider of medical, security and evacuation services worldwide and is the only company that will come to you, wherever you are, and evacuate you to your home hospital of choice. Additionally, Global Rescue places no restrictions on country of citizenship - all nationalities are eligible to sign-up!
Horizons Unlimited is not a big multi-national company, just two people who love motorcycle travel and have grown what started as a hobby in 1997 into a full time job (usually 8-10 hours per day and 7 days a week) and a labour of love. To keep it going and a roof over our heads, we run events (22 this year!); we sell inspirational and informative DVDs; we have a few selected advertisers; and we make a small amount from memberships.
You don't have to be a Member to come to an HU meeting, access the website, the HUBB or
to receive the e-zine. What you get for your membership contribution is our sincere gratitude, good karma and
knowing that you're helping to keep the motorcycle travel dream alive. Contributing Members and Gold Members do get additional features on the HUBB. Here's a list of all the Member benefits on the HUBB.