2009 KLR 685 in South America
I am putting up for sale my beloved 2009 KLR for sale.
The bike will be available in March, and I can deliver it to Chile/Argentina. I plan to be in Buenos Aires from about the 12th of March onwards.
The bike has a clean California title (in hand), and it can be transferred to another individual from any Country in a reasonably straight forward manner.
I expect the bike to have around 36,000 miles on it by the end of the trip.
I am currently looking for around US$3000 OBO for it.
- Bored out to 685cc by Wyman on KLR650.net at approx 18,000 miles, helps cure vibration, reduces oil consumption and more power. Valves were checked and valve seats reground at the same time.
- Happy Trails Center-stand
- Happy Trails Engine Guard
- Happy Trails Dakar Nerf bars/highway pegs (pegs are slightly bent)
- LED Indicators and rear sub fender removed
- E-M doohickey
- 1″ E-M raised rear suspension
- Grade 10 subframe bolts
- Removed Smog
- 22c Carb mod
- Uni Filter
- Removed kick-stand kill switch
- Odyssey Battery (will be 7months old at the end of the trip)
- 12V accessory outlet (currently not connected)
- Walmart seat cushion
- Bark Busters
- Oil/filter changed every 2500 miles
- Steering head bearings replaced @ 30,000 miles
- Front and rear brake pads changed @ 26,000 miles (spare set of fronts included in sale)
- Rear shock rebuilt, bushings and seals replaced @ 34,000 miles
- New chain and sprockets @33,000 miles
- At sale time I expect the front tyre (Pirelli MT60) to be @50%, and the rear tire (Metzler Enduro 3) to be near new.
Currently the bikes condition is mechanically very strong, aesthetically - average (yes, its a proper KLR
There is scratches on some of the plastics, a crack in the windscreen and on the front right fender.
GPS and mount shown in the pictures is not included, nor is the luggage shown (it has recently been removed for a new system). I could be convinced to include the rear 46l Monokey Givi
(its the black one)
You are welcome to contact me at email@example.com
for more questions.
Last edited by Flys Lo; 1 Mar 2012 at 19:45.