African fuel price database - please contribute
I know there are lists elsewhere on the web but let's start and maintain an African fuel price database
(and Latin America and Asia come to that). Here would be a good place as any so I'll start by throwing in the Saharan country prices which I keep track of regularly on: http://www.sahara-overland.com/country
Should we get a full set of the 30-odd regularly visited African countries in a few weeks/months I (or maybe the sub-Saharan moderator) will make an A-Z country summary here with a date.
My 'cheap' etc comments are in relation to 'high' UK prices (nearly £1/litre petrol & diesel). Giving them in euros or $ may get out of date.
- cheap?Petrol (essence) 21.2 d/litre; Super 30 d/litre(where available; unleaded available in the north); diesel 13.7 d/litre.
- high?In N'Djamena: diesel 600 CFA/L, petrol 650. At least 10% more in the countryside.
- cheap?90 octane 1 LE, but intentionally made horrible to sell the newly introduced 92 octane.?92 octane 1.4 LE?Diesel 0.6 L.E.
- cheap?2 star petrol 0.12LD/litre; Super 0.16D/litre. Diesel 0.15LD/litre. That and Egypt are about as cheap as it gets in the Sahara.
- high?Petrol and diesel from around 500- CFA/litre - more in remote towns.
In Atar Petrol about 308 UM/litre; diesel 235 UM/litre. 10% more in Chinguetti and a bit more again in Oudane. A few oogs less in NKT and NDB.
Morocco and Western Sahara
- moderate and cheap?7.4 dh diesel, about 14.5 dh petrol. Western Sahara prices: diesel = 4.43dh in Layounne, petrol less than 10dh. In the Spanish enclaves of Ceuta and Melilia the price is now about the same as northern Morocco and not much less than mainland Spain ~ €0.90
- high?Diesel 530 CFA/litre in Agadez or 350 in Dirkou for 200L
- moderate?Unleaded petrol about 1.1 TD/litre; diesel 0.74 TD.